Mirrors - Page 8 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2008, 05:24 PM   #106

ducatis in the registry:
[848]
[Hypermotard 1100 S]

Send a message via AIM to Duey848
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevens View Post
Ah, but now what do to with those holes where the stock mirrors used to mount? The only solution is to fill smooth and repaint.
i went with greggscustom mirror bock offs + crg's

Duey848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old July 26th, 2008, 01:01 PM   #107

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S Tri-Color]
[1098]

I put MadDuc mirror eliminators bought on ebay.

'08 1098 Red
'07 1098S Tricolore
'79 Honda CBX
'76 Yamaha RD400
Casmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008, 06:45 PM   #108

ducatis in the registry:
[999 S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducgas View Post
Our beloved 1098 has now taken a hit from bike magazine in the UK,even though they praised it when they were first to test earlier this year.They especially dissed the mirrors,perhaps rightly so!.Does anyone have a solution to the abysmal rear view from these yet?
Dude,
Try riding without the mirrors. It's feels weird at first b/c you're not used to doing quick head checks to the side and rear. But after about 2 weeks of riding, you'll never go back.

Think about it. Your front view is now CLEAR allowing you to look through the corners bettter etc. Your rear view is now wide, broad, and REAL. Not just a narrow, smudged reflection. And, it's just as safe, if not safer. It takes just as long to look down into the mirror and interpret the vague information therein as it does to do a quick head check. Furthermore....... With head checks you train yourself naturally to use your WHOLE vision. Your perrifs become sharp, keen and quick. You pick up tons of information in a 10th or even 100th (when your vision gets as good as mine) of a second when doing a quick check. Finally..... if you do trackdays, you'll thank me. You'll be so comfortable and used to twisting your head, waist, turning your head just enough (like 20deg) to pick out your rear and flank through periffs to id where other riders are on the track etc....

Chief McBride, trust me on this. You just have to try it. Then we'll see if you go back.

F*&@k the mirrors, palumbo! Be a rider bru!

Oh and about the cops.... I've encountered the law several times for one reason or another and they noticed the block off plates (lack of mirrors) and gave no sht about it. They DO however always ask why, and it give me a good opportunity to tell that that I race alot at trackdays etc.... They respect that and always let me go b/c they see that you know what the fk you're doing and are not just another idiot hoodlum turning their bikes (and bodies) into origami, ya dig?

But I digress.... do what cha want. Go and get your faggy little mirrors so you can [whining] see better. As a matter of fact I'll sell ya my F150 mirrors real cheap. I'll bet you can see the whole fking world with those bastards. I'm just bustin on ya though. Good luck, keep the rubber side down. Read Total Control by Nick Ienisch. Focus on form.

~Gino
dfly9891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2014, 09:05 PM   #109

No ducatis in the registry

OMG! so glad I found this site, this am as my BF was making the first long distance run on the recently acquired 1198, I will have to assume he suffered a brain fade because as he turned away from the bike to close gate, it fell over and although the damage was not life altering (for me I guess,he hasn't uttered a word since) it did end that run due to the left mirror plastic mount being broken. but he hates those mirrors, and I have to agree after riding behind him for just 50 miles, I can see, (no pun) why, it is almost impossible for he or anyone else to see out of those mirrors! they vibrate badly and of course now that one is broken, it really seems that he may never speak again, but I managed to stay calm and quiet throughout this morning's trial, and now with what I learned here, Thanks to all of you! I think I may be able to get a smile out of that man yet!
Zyklon likes this.
jetgirlc9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2014, 08:28 PM   #110

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Excellent first post Jet Girl!

Welcome aboard. Hope your man is getting over it.

And don't worry - we'll always talk to you..

boostedM and gunther19820 like this.
pat1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 10:39 AM   #111

No ducatis in the registry

showed the BF the forum posts re reevu helmet and now I am the f*%king star ! maybe if I can actually buy that helmet he will let me ride that 1198?! never happen, I climbed on when he wasn't looking and I can't even put one foot down! guess I'm gunna have to settle for the 'little girl's' bike...
jetgirlc9 is offline   Reply With Quote