Ducati.org forum banner

1098 Luggage?

53K views 59 replies 30 participants last post by  alex1099 
#1 ·
A mate of mine has a 1098 (I have a Multistrada), he's going on a trip to France in a couple of weeks & needs to get some luggage/rack system. One system he's found is Ventura, does anyone have any experience of Ventura or can suggest another make?

Thanks

#33 ·
Using this thread as an inspiration, here's what I ended up with. I'm quite happy with the results.

I ordered the new Givi E300B White topcase from my local dealer.
I then bought a used pillion seat online, removed the padding, and mounted the Givi base plate to it as shown in this thread. When test fitting, I noticed that while not touching, the base plate came very close to the bodywork, so I decided to cut a sheet of 1/4" plastic down to size using the pillion seat as a template in order to have the baseplate sit a little further away from the bodywork.

I use my bike almost exclusively in the summer months. This topcase will come in handy for running errands, groceries, and those long trips. :)

#35 ·
dimond dave, u should change your handle to coal dave

shame,shame,shame

:mad:

#37 ·
diamond dave, its no crime except one is a barvarian air compressor :D

#40 ·
I have 2 Ducs, 3 Gixxers and one Yamaha. I tour on the 848. It's a ton of fun. Saddle bags and a middle bag and I'm good for a week or more. I tend to scout out nice places to ride, stay some where for a couple of days to ride all the roads I've previously chosen and carry my solo cowl with me so I can ditch all the bags and go have some fun.

#41 ·
Hey guys, I have a quick question for all you who may know the answer.

I see that "Humpo" has 2 luggage tanks on the side of the bike.

http://www.ducati1098.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6311&stc=1&d=1217931856

http://www.ducati1098.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6333&stc=1&d=1218031512

And wonder, where do you purchase these fuel tanks? I want to be able to do long touring runs but, sometimes fuel range can be a problem as its harder to find gas stations late night when you're in the middle of no where. Any help on this setup would be great.

#45 ·
Pictures of luggage on The Italian Superbike made me think of this...

I will not attach luggage on my 1098 S, but I understand that people want to ride their bike where they want to go..

The little Ducati Performance tailbag looks nice, but will hardly do for the long journeys...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.