Handle bar reassembly question - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2017, 08:15 AM   #1

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Handle bar reassembly question

Finally got my front forks back and putting everything back together with new clip ons and bars. Need some help with where things go and I can't seems to find any good pics.

First: right side bar, do the throttle cables to over or under the brake master cylinder? I've got it mounted under at the moment, but the lever seems a bit high, when I mount it over, it feels wrong too. I've found conflicting pics in my googling... I attache a pic of mine at the moment for clarity.

Second: left side bar. I'm replacing the lines with Spiegler lines. The fitting for the clutch master is not nearly as flat as the stock. The radical angle seems to make the line too short and threatens to kink the line when turning. When bringing the clutch line inside the forks, it seems too tight and inhibits bar movement. Does the stock line go inside like I suspect? Again pics attached in case I'm not clear.
Attached Images

Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old January 29th, 2017, 08:29 AM   #2

No ducatis in the registry

MikeERideWNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2017, 09:31 AM   #3

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Thanks for the pics! Can you tell me, does your clutch line run around the inside of the left fork before going to the master?
Old February 2nd, 2017, 05:25 AM   #4

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Everything on my 1098S is in-between the left and right fork tubes.
Ducless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2017, 11:35 PM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Thank, thats what I thought. For some reason the clutch line manufacturer misinterpreted my picture and had me questioning my installation. I think its all set now. Adding fuel this weekend and the beast will come alive for the first time in a few months!