Rpm stuck on Ducati 1098 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2017, 09:01 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Rpm stuck on Ducati 1098

Hey fellow Ducati riders. I have a 2007 Ducati 1098. I am new to riding overall. My bike has been giving me an EXVL 23.5 error. I recycled a few times and the error went away. Yesterday I took it out for a ride and my rpm is stuck at 4000 and the same error came up only this time recycling doesn't help. I don't think it's a problem with my throttle. Anyone else had this issues. HELP!!!
Sramanbakshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old February 7th, 2017, 07:03 PM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sramanbakshi View Post
Hey fellow Ducati riders. I have a 2007 Ducati 1098. I am new to riding overall. My bike has been giving me an EXVL 23.5 error. I recycled a few times and the error went away. Yesterday I took it out for a ride and my rpm is stuck at 4000 and the same error came up only this time recycling doesn't help. I don't think it's a problem with my throttle. Anyone else had this issues. HELP!!!

That code is exhaust valve motor error. I'm guessing you got the bike used. Is the exhaust stock? If not than there probably is no valve. Remove the right hand fairing and look for the exhaust valve motor. It might have been removed. It's the black piece on the right side of this pic:

If it's there then there may be a problem with it. When you turn the ignition on - not start - can you hear the motor? It cycles the valve open/close and that's what you should hear.

If it's not there than there may be a plate on that big black bolt to trick the ECU into thinking it's there. The plate may need to be readjusted.

The third option is that whole component is removed and there's an electrical plug in the wiring that also simulates the motor. Check to see if it came loose.
randomtask is offline   Reply With Quote