Do I have a 1098s Tricolore??? - Page 2 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2017, 06:37 AM   #16

No ducatis in the registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tric View Post
This any good?
Ducati
Could work, but I would expect it needs to be sent to Ducati's home HQ. If the dealer/importer is anything like here in Oz its a waste of time, other than to register yourself as an owner. But worth I shot I guess?

Is that how the other guys verify their rides Tric?

Last edited by cool jesus; February 12th, 2017 at 06:39 AM.
cool jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old February 12th, 2017, 09:33 AM   #17

PM me your VIN I'll check it on DCS.
Joeii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2017, 03:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeii View Post
PM me your VIN I'll check it on DCS.
PM sent
Old February 12th, 2017, 07:38 PM   #19

depending where in the world you were.

In Australia they 'magically' disappeared from the packing container before it made the dealershop..

They were later sold as an upgrade.
cool jesus likes this.
The reality of this situation maybe obscured by living room curtains.
Shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2017, 10:24 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
depending where in the world you were.

In Australia they 'magically' disappeared from the packing container before it made the dealershop..

They were later sold as an upgrade.
Kind a adds to my theory that one could just swap out the extra bits to a 1098 and call it a tricolore, at a cost?

Don't get me wrong here guys. I'm not trying to advocate anything here or devalue anyone's tricolore. If I had the capacity I would snap one up in an instant. I just love the look as its a little out of the norm. Not that the Ducati standard trim is anything to scoff at either.

Last edited by cool jesus; February 12th, 2017 at 10:31 PM. Reason: further info
Old February 13th, 2017, 01:30 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 182 Racing View Post
Didn't the tri come with full termi's from the factory as well which the normal "s" did not?
Gee I missed half a page of posts... damn site.. been here since 2008 and I fucked up missing the 2nd page.

Soooooooo

My previous.. about the OZ bikes was referring to this post about exhausts..

In OZ they disappeared from the crate.. shipping docs show them... others in the world got them with the bike... in OZ you had to pay the extra.. 2 grand (?) for the exhaust.

WerA. Can you please fix the site so I don't miss pages anymore?
Old February 13th, 2017, 01:35 AM   #22

Also there was a recent thread here for the sale of a tri.. that was now red and some gawd awful paint scheme.. I asked if it was still technically a tri and was told that just coz it has been 'customised'.. it was still a tri because the frame colour and wheels were right.

Fister here had a set of original tri fairings and his yellow set. He copped suit for having the tri fairings on a base 1098. He never tried to call it a tri though.
Old February 13th, 2017, 02:41 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
Also there was a recent thread here for the sale of a tri.. that was now red and some gawd awful paint scheme.. I asked if it was still technically a tri and was told that just coz it has been 'customised'.. it was still a tri because the frame colour and wheels were right.

Fister here had a set of original tri fairings and his yellow set. He copped suit for having the tri fairings on a base 1098. He never tried to call it a tri though.
Yeah I came across that FS post... whatever floats your boat I guess, farrrk

Did Fister's Tri look, look good? then why not? if its not over done with whatever bike/look you mod then go for it. Mate I'm in Bali at the moment and some of the modded up scooters are intense and some just way over the top. Forums will always have tools that miss the point and not share the enthusiasm of Ducati ownership. Hell there was a post early on in this thread where I was being waved of already with a poster assuming I don't "even own a bike'! Pfft, just ignore that shit and enjoy the banter and your ride.
Old February 13th, 2017, 07:52 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool jesus View Post
Kind a adds to my theory that one could just swap out the extra bits to a 1098 and call it a tricolore, at a cost?

Don't get me wrong here guys. I'm not trying to advocate anything here or devalue anyone's tricolore. If I had the capacity I would snap one up in an instant. I just love the look as its a little out of the norm. Not that the Ducati standard trim is anything to scoff at either.

You could do that and sell it on to someone who doesn't know, bit expensive though, especially if you're selling a bike that isn't what you say it is. My UK documentation states it's a Tricolore and a check on vin and engine numbers will confirm that. Don't know about other countries? Termis came as standard.
cool jesus likes this.
Tric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2017, 09:09 AM   #25

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool jesus View Post
Svensken you Ass-u-me too much. Not that it should make any difference to the question posted, I have 2 bikes and looking for a Tricolore to add to my scuderia .....
LOL I am merely overstating the obvious...
The title of your thread is "Do I have a 1098s tricolore???" but you are asking questions that make it clear you don't have one to check.
Previous:
'96 YZF1000R
'89 EX500
Svensken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2017, 10:08 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensken View Post
but you are asking questions that make it clear you don't have one to check.
Look up towards the top, just under the black bar with your user cp, active topics, etc. You'll see ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and ENTHUSIASTS. Peeps can actually join on board without inputting any bikes you know, cause they like the marque.
The question is one posed to forum members and perhaps add some insight and knowledge on a particular model. So far there may e forthcoming a contact area for all to easily find OEM details of their Ducatis or intended purchases (still waiting on those details Tric if you have them). Each post has added some insight or opinion on the subject that one may ask themselves 'Do I have a 1098s Tricolore?' which is made evident by the introduction. You've added 2 posts. Your input on the subject is an assumption that I don't have A motorcycle or a Tricolore. Would it make you sleep better if I added my resume of vehicles in my signature block as you have, so we can have a cock fight in a new thread and leave this fucking thread to perhaps grow or just die a quieter death? FFS