To 'S' or not? - Page 2 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2007, 04:46 PM   #16

No ducatis in the registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by van-man
I was thinking about this dilemma yesterday, and you know what I realized?

If Ducati does introduce the 1198R in 2008, which I seriously think they will, then none of this matters, because pretty much every one of us track guys will be heading right back to the dealer.

I hate technology!
Estimated cost is $32,000 + ... ouch !!
1098@45* is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old January 6th, 2007, 09:09 PM   #17

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Hey, I'm here now.

Been banished over at 1098forum for being sarcastic

Alvin, better keep an eye on me. I'm trouble, I tell ya.

Back on thread topic - It's inevitable high performance versions will be brought out, and sooner than later. However, I think the classic styling will preserve a good percent of the value. Look at differences between 916 and 998s. They are closer than you would expect. As for the 999, well it may or may not become desireable in time but I think its destiny is to be the Edsel of Ducati.

Last edited by Fresno; January 6th, 2007 at 10:47 PM.
Fresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 07:41 PM   #18

Bottom line it comes down to talent. I ordered the standard, I'm a decent rider, but I still do not have enough talent to use the "S" features, I would rather have the extra $5,000 to pay for more track days and traveling. I have been around way too many guys that have old equipment on the track and they are smokin the guys that can afford these fancy bikes, it is an embrassment to the guys with the high dollar suspension, leathers, and so forth. So buy the bike based on your ability, not what the magazine articles are telling you. but if the mental edge of the expensive parts help your head on the track then go for the "S".
monkeybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 12:14 PM   #19

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

I thought I had my own problem solved when my dealer told me he only had the standard version available, so I told him to put me down for one. The next day he calls me and says he had a guy bump up from an "S" to a "TC", so he had one "S" available. I thought about it, for about 20 seconds.......I'm in for the "S" now.
I think the "S" will hold it's value better for sure.
Either way you slice it, it's one hell of a bike.

Bring on Spring!!
Old January 19th, 2007, 07:01 PM   #20

HI ALL, ANY ONE OUT THERE KNOW WHAT THE POWER DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE "s" AND "TRI COLORE" IS?. BOTH HAVE SAME QUOTED POWER OUTPUT ALLTHOUGH TRI COLORE HAS FULL TERMI SYSTEM, DIFF CHIP ETC. TORN BETWEEN BOTH!
deanosps996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2007, 12:49 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanosps996
HI ALL, ANY ONE OUT THERE KNOW WHAT THE POWER DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE "s" AND "TRI COLORE" IS?. BOTH HAVE SAME QUOTED POWER OUTPUT ALLTHOUGH TRI COLORE HAS FULL TERMI SYSTEM, DIFF CHIP ETC. TORN BETWEEN BOTH!
The full Tremi system kit comes in a box, and will have to be put on at the dealer, or by the buyer if want's too -- I'm assuming Ducati will let the owners install if they want to.

Anyway, the claimed HP gain is 8%, which will give about 12 more HP at the wheel for total close to 160 HP at the wheel.
1098@45* is offline   Reply With Quote