Full Termi & Chip for 1098 - UK Pricing? - Page 3 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2007, 08:24 AM   #31

No ducatis in the registry

Gossa, we are due some winds up to 100mph in the next couple of days, you might get 200 out of the bike with a good tailwind !
iang is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old January 18th, 2007, 09:17 AM   #32

ducatis in the registry:
[748]

Very Nice - Enjoy
floydstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 09:43 AM   #33

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by iang
Gossa, we are due some winds up to 100mph in the next couple of days, you might get 200 out of the bike with a good tailwind !
it's the sidewinds i'm worried about! The women on the weather this morning nearly got blown into the sea!
gossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 11:18 AM   #34

Shit !!! My dealer has left a message on my answerphone, the guy who had shook hands with him for my 749R has backed out, blaming his wife !! So it is back to the drawing board. Looks like my early delivery of my S is going to be delayed.
Old January 19th, 2007, 10:22 AM   #35

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Quote:
Shit !!! My dealer has left a message on my answerphone, the guy who had shook hands with him for my 749R has backed out, blaming his wife !! So it is back to the drawing board. Looks like my early delivery of my S is going to be delayed.
Bugger bugger bugger! Who's selling it for you? I sold mine (05 999s) through Motorapido and they had two guys almost fighting for it and sold it within a week.
Old January 20th, 2007, 05:53 AM   #36

The bike is in m & s Motorcycles in Newcastle, basically Ducati Newcastle.
There has been loads of interest in the bike as it is genuinely gorgeous but this guy with an R1 desperately wanted it so the sales guy offered him the full belt service and a 1 year full Ducati warranty for 11200 and he offered to place his R1 in the showroom and sell it for him commision free as part of the deal. The guy shook on the deal and said that he would be back on friday to pay for the bike in full but yesterday morning he left a message for the salesman saying that he could not go ahead.
The salesman telephoned and the guys wife said that she had told him that he should get his prioroties right and they had words !!! He had only done 600 miles on his R1 after having a 749bip and did not really like the R1 so seemed thrilled about getting his new bike but whether the story is true or an excuse I do not know.
Hopefully it will go soon, it should considering how good it looks,obviously until it goes I cannot afford the 1098S which is due next month.
Old January 25th, 2007, 11:07 AM   #37

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Quote:
The bike is in m & s Motorcycles in Newcastle, basically Ducati Newcastle.
There has been loads of interest in the bike as it is genuinely gorgeous but this guy with an R1 desperately wanted it so the sales guy offered him the full belt service and a 1 year full Ducati warranty for 11200 and he offered to place his R1 in the showroom and sell it for him commision free as part of the deal. The guy shook on the deal and said that he would be back on friday to pay for the bike in full but yesterday morning he left a message for the salesman saying that he could not go ahead.
The salesman telephoned and the guys wife said that she had told him that he should get his prioroties right and they had words !!! He had only done 600 miles on his R1 after having a 749bip and did not really like the R1 so seemed thrilled about getting his new bike but whether the story is true or an excuse I do not know.
Hopefully it will go soon, it should considering how good it looks,obviously until it goes I cannot afford the 1098S which is due next month.
Bummer mate, have you got it advertised privately on autotrader as well? might be an idea?
Old January 26th, 2007, 01:49 AM   #38

The dealer has it on bike trader but for 11995, I think this is so he can negotiate on the price to anyone interested. I was in yesterday and they seem confident that it will sell as everyone who comes in to the shop stops to look at it and they say it is early in the season and things will start to pick up in the next couple of weeks, I hope so !

I will take 10700 privately which I think is reasonable considering it cost 19000 to build and is still virtually new.