Horrible HP #'s on Dyno Run - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1199 Panigale

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Proctologist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2018, 03:21 PM   #1

ducatis in the registry:
[848 EVO]

Horrible HP #'s on Dyno Run

I have a 2012 1199S with termi slip ons. I purchased the bike 2 weeks ago. I was surprised by what fealt to me, not a major increase in power over my 848. I put it on the Dyno today to check the numbers and got some surprising results.

First: Max HP was 141 on the first pull and 147 on the 2nd pull.
2nd:A/F mixture was all over the place.
3rd: the HP curve jumps all over the place at high RPMs dipping from 135 to 98 and back.

Now after some research I believe the bike has the UPMAP from the full system but only slip ons installed. Buying the bike used, I dont have any of the equipment to install a new map. Is there a way to purchase just the slip on map to install to see if I can smooth some of this out? Or would I need to buy something like rapidbike to tune my own map?

Any help would be apreciated!
Attached Images

Durbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old July 6th, 2018, 10:05 PM   #2

No ducatis in the registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durbun View Post
I have a 2012 1199S with termi slip ons. I purchased the bike 2 weeks ago. I was surprised by what fealt to me, not a major increase in power over my 848. I put it on the Dyno today to check the numbers and got some surprising results.

First: Max HP was 141 on the first pull and 147 on the 2nd pull.
2nd:A/F mixture was all over the place.
3rd: the HP curve jumps all over the place at high RPMs dipping from 135 to 98 and back.

Now after some research I believe the bike has the UPMAP from the full system but only slip ons installed. Buying the bike used, I dont have any of the equipment to install a new map. Is there a way to purchase just the slip on map to install to see if I can smooth some of this out? Or would I need to buy something like rapidbike to tune my own map?

Any help would be apreciated!
You can take it to an authorized dealer to reset the map to your specs and request a simple diagnostic where they check to make sure everything is running as intended.
'13 Hayabusa
'10 1198 R
'07 RF Z06
DrgnRcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2018, 08:18 PM   #3
Banned

Map

I dont believe in pre programmed maps,,,If I were you, I would take it to a professional DYNO TUNER, after you go and purchase whatever is the best programmable computer box, say like a POWER COMMANDER, or BAZAZZ...I myself have no idea who makes the best for a DUCATI,,I have a POWER COMMANDER 5 ON on my BUSA, I had it DYNO TUNED by one of the best in the business here in SO CAL..I am happy with the results.,...Just my thoughts,,,

B Lucca
f1nxlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 12:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durbun View Post

Any help would be appreciated!

You can try contacting TERMI and request the correct UPMAP based on your application.

...or as mentioned, perhaps a custom tune from a reputable establishment.
f1nxlife likes this.
Aprilia RSV 1000R (under construction)

Yesterday:
Ducati 1098
Suzuki GSX-R1000
Suzuki GSX-R1100
Kawasaki Ninja ZX600R
Suzuki TS185
Proctologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2019, 04:12 AM   #5

Issue with Dyno

This issue isnt the bike, or the dyno. The rear wheel speed sensor has a correcion factor for ram air. There is a bulletin that describes how to disconnect the sensor, so the un modified (by ram air/speed) will provide a proper dyno curve. Many people mapping these, make them so lean as they don't understand the correction. Stick with a proper tune like Rexxor.
VikingThor is offline   Reply With Quote