Possibly buying Superleggera - need help/advice - Page 3 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1199 Superleggera

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2018, 07:17 AM   #31

You got a heck of a deal and beat me to this bike!! I was in the market the same time you were. I was a day or two away from pulling the plug on a 4 mile SL. Owner bought it and had a back injury shortly thereafter so he never rode it. He hung onto it for a couple of years while getting his back treated hoping he could ride, but was never able to.

I walked into Southlake Motorcars (I live in Southlake) to look at a Ferrari 458 they had and saw this bike. I wanted it, but they said it had just been purchased hours before I saw it. They told me their sell price and I almost fell over. The guy said they realized shortly afterwards they sold it too low as they know about luxury cars, not bikes. However, it is Southlake so they prob only gave $30k for it and the original owner was happy and you got a smoking deal.

I bought mine to add to my collection, but this post makes me want to go out and ride it!
12 Pani TriColore
02 Ducati 998S Ben Bostrom #15/155
02 Ben Bostrom Malaguti Scooter #83/155
02 MV Agusta F4 Senna #221/300
02 998 yellow
01 Ducati 748R
00 Ducati 748S (1 mile)
18 Pani 1299R FE (4 miles)
18 Pani V4S (track bike)

[email protected]
SPD KLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old March 2nd, 2018, 08:04 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPD KLZ View Post
You got a heck of a deal and beat me to this bike!! I was in the market the same time you were. I was a day or two away from pulling the plug on a 4 mile SL. Owner bought it and had a back injury shortly thereafter so he never rode it. He hung onto it for a couple of years while getting his back treated hoping he could ride, but was never able to.

I walked into Southlake Motorcars (I live in Southlake) to look at a Ferrari 458 they had and saw this bike. I wanted it, but they said it had just been purchased hours before I saw it. They told me their sell price and I almost fell over. The guy said they realized shortly afterwards they sold it too low as they know about luxury cars, not bikes. However, it is Southlake so they prob only gave $30k for it and the original owner was happy and you got a smoking deal.

I bought mine to add to my collection, but this post makes me want to go out and ride it!
That's funny. Well, I'm not sure if you can believe this but when I called to buy the bike, no one would sell it to me or call me back. I know that they were a small sponsor of FerrariChat so through the owner of Fchat (who's known me for years through my cars) I was able to get the SL Motorcars owner's cell phone. I called him up, told him who I was that I wanted the bike and we made a deal in 5 minutes. I gave him the money on the next day of business.

What's hilarious is that the owner of the dealership (who is super nice) told me that no one ever calls and buys something and just sends the money like they say they will. He was shocked. I was shocked. I said who says they will buy a Ferrari or whatever and not send the money the next day? Crazy.

Glad I acted quickly.

I don't know why you don't ride it. It's a phenomenal bike and they need to be ridden a little.

EDIT: By the way, if you ever want to sell your 748R, please hit me up and let's have a chat about it.
Road: 2014 1199 Superleggera (#213/500), 2008 D16RR (#894/1500), 2008 1098R (#262/450), 2002 998R (#481/700), 2001 996R (US), 2001 996R (Euro), 1998 916 SPS (#774), 1996 900 SS/SP (#C22)

Track: 2011 848 Corse Evo (MotoCorse team), 2001 748RS (AMS Ducati team), 2001 748RS (Jones Powersports team), 1999 748RS (Gio.Ca.Moto team), 1996 916 Corsa (Fast by Ferracci team)

Last edited by Sherpa23; March 2nd, 2018 at 08:52 AM.
Sherpa23 is offline   Reply With Quote