2012 849 Evo Stock Spring - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 848

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2019, 07:48 AM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

2012 849 Evo Stock Spring

What up, I am new to the Ducati family. I am a former CCS racer who has ridden and raced mostly Suzuki. I have acquired a 848 and wanted to know where I could find out information related to the stock spring on the rear. The rear spring is too stiff for my weight and I am looking for a softer spring. I have searched the forum and I am unable to find this information. If anyone has insight they would like to share, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time.
gsxrsrad1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old October 7th, 2019, 04:31 PM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[848 EVO]

try race-techs website
cbr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2019, 06:07 PM   #3

No ducatis in the registry

I weight about 180 with gear, so I wanted a lighter spring too. I have the Corse model 848, and it normally comes with an Ohlins shock. Ohlins sells a lighter spring, but they can be hard to find. If you have an Ohlins, it will have the part number on the spring which will give you the spring rate. If you have the stock non corse shock, the best bet would be to call race tech and get their replacement spring. And of course you might luck out and find one on Ebay too. If you do actually pull the shock, my advice is to raise the back of the bike high enough to let the swing arm drop way down and also remove the swing arm pivot bolt. If you can get another person to help it makes the job much easier.
Dtrux73 is offline   Reply With Quote