Merry Xmas to me! - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 848

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tboooe
  • 1 Post By tboooe
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2019, 06:51 PM   #1
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
tboooe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 27
Merry Xmas to me!

So this happened today! I am new to Ducati and was originally looking to pick up a 748 as my "starter" but then I saw this 848 EVO for sale and couldnt resist the looks. The bike has 15K miles and some minor scratches but overall I think its in very good shape considering its age. Plus, I got a decent price of $6500 (original asking price was $7000) which included the major 15K service, a rear seat cowl, and delivery to my house. Needless to say I am pretty pleased and am looking forward to tearing into this bike and learning as much as I can about it and Ducati's in general.



BTW, I know due to this model being discontinued that this forum is not very active anymore but thats ok, I don't mind posting to myself.

Here is some real eye candy I saw at the dealership!

Tchase likes this.

Last edited by tboooe; December 24th, 2019 at 07:04 PM.
tboooe is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old December 26th, 2019, 08:22 AM   #2
Court Jester

No ducatis in the registry

 
Tchase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Buckley, WA, USA
Posts: 11,208
Congrats, it's a great bike, btw the pics are not showing
__________________
"What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also."
Julius Caesar
Tchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2019, 10:27 AM   #3
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
tboooe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchase View Post
Congrats, it's a great bike, btw the pics are not showing
Thats odd...let me try this again but from a different browser. BTW, I thoroughly checked and the gas tank has no signs of expansion. There is still plenty of space between the front edge of the tank and the steeering damper mount.




tboooe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2019, 10:49 AM   #4
Court Jester

No ducatis in the registry

 
Tchase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Buckley, WA, USA
Posts: 11,208
Nice looking bike, lots of "stock" parts still on it so you are going to have fun
__________________
"What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also."
Julius Caesar
Tchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2019, 10:56 AM   #5
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
tboooe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchase View Post
Nice looking bike, lots of "stock" parts still on it so you are going to have fun
Exactly why I really liked it. The only mod that I could find was a set of Rizoma grips and bar ends. The only real bummer for me are the scratches on the side fairings and the gas tank. I dont mind buying new side fairings but the one on the tank is pretty deep and goes across the Ducati sticker. I guess I can use this as an excuse to buy the aluminum SP tank and save this one for track days. Also, from the wear on the tires its clear the previous owner was only using this bike to ride in straight lines.

I almost forgot, the bike did not come with the second spare key. The shop owner told me to contact SOS Diagnostics in Oregon who can supposedly program a new key for me.
tboooe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2019, 10:59 AM   #6
Court Jester

No ducatis in the registry

 
Tchase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Buckley, WA, USA
Posts: 11,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboooe View Post
Exactly why I really liked it. The only mod that I could find was a set of Rizoma grips and bar ends. The only real bummer for me are the scratches on the side fairings and the gas tank. I dont mind buying new side fairings but the one on the tank is pretty deep and goes across the Ducati sticker. I guess I can use this as an excuse to buy the aluminum SP tank and save this one for track days. Also, from the wear on the tires its clear the previous owner was only using this bike to ride in straight lines.

I almost forgot, the bike did not come with the second spare key. The shop owner told me to contact SOS Diagnostics in Oregon who can supposedly program a new key for me.
There are a lot of threads here about the key. Do you have the "card" if you have the card I think... you can buy a key have it cut and use the dash interface to program?

I think with SOS you will have to send it the dash/cluster?
__________________
"What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also."
Julius Caesar
Tchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2019, 11:18 AM   #7
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
tboooe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchase View Post
There are a lot of threads here about the key. Do you have the "card" if you have the card I think... you can buy a key have it cut and use the dash interface to program?

I think with SOS you will have to send it the dash/cluster?
No card...supposedly SOS can cut/program a new key as long as send them the working key, no need to send the entire dash. From what I understand, I would only need to send the dash if I am interested in retrieving my Immobilizer code which I suppose would be useful in the future because as you mentioned, with it I can get a new key right from my dealer. I just sent a quote request to SOS but from reading the forums it sounds like a new key is only $49 but retrieving the code is something like $500!
Tchase likes this.
tboooe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.