Thermostat housing leak - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 899

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2020, 08:48 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Thermostat housing leak

Hi All - I have a 2015 899 which is leaking from the top of the thermostat housing. The leak is coming from the top where the plastic has split where the metal tube is coming out from. What would cause this to split? Can I use something to slow the leak down temporarily?
Attached Images

899cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old January 10th, 2020, 09:38 PM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Buy a thermostat. Replace. Replace the coolant with the correct mix. That is the fix.
Previous:
'96 YZF1000R
'89 EX500
Svensken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2020, 05:29 AM   #3

No ducatis in the registry

Hey 899cruz!

I had the entire thermostat housing replaced last Spring on my 2015 899. It was leaking as well (I didn't know it was that at the time), I had it at my dealer where they diagnosed the leak. The entire job cost me $750.00 USD for parts and labor.

It is back at the dealer again (been there two weeks as of today) because it keeps leaking. I have had my bike in my trailer for most of the Winter now, and we had a beautiful day (50 F in Southern Massachusetts!!!) so I wanted to take it for a ride. That is when I saw the leak again.

The dealer isn't sure why it's leaking again, so not sure if it wasn't installed properly or if the new part is defective. I can keep you updated as to what they say the issue is.

Jeff
jgaipo is offline   Reply With Quote