899 Panigale or Triumph Daytona 675R - Page 4 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 899

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #46

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tye1138 View Post
No Bob, you're LIES are a bore. The only thing you bring to this forum is arguments and thread destroying comments.
And there you go.
219R is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old November 27th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #47

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 R]

post,.... edit,.... delete..... 'fraid Dad was gonna read your "little nasties"???
Old November 27th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #48
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[749 R]
[848]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 219R View Post
post,.... edit,.... delete..... 'fraid Dad was gonna read your "little nasties"???
How about you just end it for today ok?
tye1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #49

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 R]

How about some cheese?
Old November 27th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #50

No ducatis in the registry

Make with the douchebag behavior.....

Someone calls me a douchebag.....

Argue the fact that I'm not a douchebag......

Get all pissy......

Rinse & repeat ad nauseum
Old November 27th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #51

Quote:
If someone has no experience in riding a real race bike, then those people can't comment on what it takes to make a real race bike can they?

So earlier in this thread, someone said the 848 makes a great race bike, but do they know what a real race bike is like? If they don't, then how can they say the 848 makes a great race bike?

Does that make any sense?
Mate, you speak utter nonsense.

Ever heard of Adrian Newey? The guy designs the fastest F1 cars ever. Period. He's an engineer by trade, never raced a car competitively a day in his life (it's nothing but a passing interest for him). Go check his Wiki out - understand you do not, DO NOT, need to RACE the machine to understand what it takes to make a race machine.

I cannot believe you would imply that you need to actually race these bikes to know what it takes to make a race bike? That argument is complete horsesh*t.

And if you even for a second bother pointing out the differences between cars and bikes, so help me I will slap you down with 10 counter examples. There are guys out there who design, who engineer these bikes for a living, and understand the intricacies of high performing vehicles more than you ever will.

You need a reality check mate. What you have is anecdotal experience, and a limited amount of it at that. Measure it against the guys who run high performance testing for a living, and understand you have very little authority to speak about the things you purport to know so much about.
219R, ANORXIC'51, rubbish and 3 others like this.

Last edited by chicken_stripper; November 27th, 2013 at 06:32 PM.
chicken_stripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #52

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 R]

^^^ Water in my pond....... Thumbs up!!
Old November 27th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #53

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 796 ABS]
[999]

How the hell did tye derail the conversation so far off the op's original question? Can we get back on topic please. Can anybody(besides Tye) say which one they would have. And to Tye. I get it your gods gift to the ducati brand but unless you actually own a ducati right now then f**k off. I may not have the best knowledge of ducati's but I did my research before buying one. If you want a badass bike your going to get one no matter which direction he goes on the purchase. The only difference is really looks and the electronics that come with the 899. O and the racing pedigree. Ducati is going with the times and making bikes to sell to the public in order to fund it's racing. If that means detracting from the old school ways then so be it. I applaud ducati for doing this. That means they are in touch with its fan base and what the market wants. Ok sorry ill step down off my soap box now.

Sent from my iPad using Ducati.org Forum

Last edited by zodom; November 27th, 2013 at 07:08 PM.
zodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #54
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[749 R]
[848]

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken_stripper View Post
Ever heard of Adrian Newey? The guy designs the fastest F1 cars ever. Period. He's an engineer by trade, never raced a car competitively a day in his life (it's nothing but a passing interest for him). Go check his Wiki out - understand you do not, DO NOT, need to RACE the machine to understand what it takes to make a race machine.
Yes, I know Adrian's history. No, the people posting on this forum are not professional engineers. So yes, us normal people need to ride machines in order to compare machines, not just get a tape measure out and start measuring.

Furthermore, the subject of Formula 1 engineering has absolutely nothing to do with a company refusing to build motorcycles to a more "racy" spec. Ducati clearly has the expertise, they clearly know what they need to do. Shit, all they needed to do was make the 899 fit the same classification as the 848 that came before it. But no, they clearly don't want anyone racing it, so they pulled the plug so hard, it whiplashed back and hit the people who wish to race a middleweight Ducati, in the back of the head.

Quote:
I cannot believe you would imply that you need to actually race these bikes to know what it takes to make a race bike?
I implied, as a rider of a vehicle, you can't compare another vehicle without having ridden it. Numbers are just numbers, they don't mean anything unless you have other numbers to compare them to. Furthermore, if you don't know what those numbers mean in the first place, then you're lost no matter what.

Quote:
There are guys out there who design, who engineer these bikes for a living, and understand the intricacies of high performing vehicles more than you ever will.
They clearly don't work for Ducati's Superbike or MotoGP program.

Ohh wait, Preziosi (the initial MotoGP designer) was a racer, in fact he broke his back racing. When he held the office of lead engineer, the team was winning races.

Quote:
You need a reality check mate. What you have is anecdotal experience, and a limited amount of it at that. Measure it against the guys who run high performance testing for a living, and understand you have very little authority to speak about the things you purport to know so much about.
Reality is, I've ridden the bikes, I've done decent laptimes on them and I can compare the different designs and philosophies. Nobody is suggesting I'm going to design a bike from scratch tomorrow. But if I did, I would steal the numbers off the 749/999 series machines.
Old November 27th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #55

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

I personally think the 999 was the ugliest motorcycle ever built regardless of its race pedigree and perceived ability.
Wil likes this.
'08 848
'03 GSX-R 1000
'96 GSX-R 750 SRAD
'90 GSX-R 750/1100
'83 GPZ-750
JHTmcrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by 219R View Post
In addition this year I raced my Ducati 1098R in 10 races in a National Series, of which I finished 4th overall in the National points, behind Pat Mooney and Shane Turpin.
Pretty good for an elderly gentleman

Quote:
Yea, I'm done arguing.
This was the best thing said in this thread...until I continued reading and realized it was a lie

Quote:
Mate, you speak utter nonsense.

I cannot believe you would imply that you need to actually race these bikes to know what it takes to make a race bike? That argument is complete horsesh*t.

And if you even for a second bother pointing out the differences between cars and bikes, so help me I will slap you down with 10 counter examples. There are guys out there who design, who engineer these bikes for a living, and understand the intricacies of high performing vehicles more than you ever will.

Wow! Great post! Very well said, and a great example. And like you said, there are many like him, even in the motorcycle racing industry.

Quote:
No, the people posting on this forum are not professional engineers.
Umm...I'm an engineer, according to my job title and my mechanical engineering degree Would you like to see my diploma? Where's your engineering degree? You've claimed in the past that you're some sort of engineer, but I highly doubt you have a diploma that has the actual word "engineering" on it, from a 4-year accredited university. I'm very certain there are many people on this forum alone that are also engineers....cars, bikes, and motorsports are very common hobbies of engineers.
2006 Honda CBR600 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki zzr600 (sold)

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a mild craving for salty foods."
rubbish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #57

oh and to get back on topic (sort of)....get a ninja 636. With the money you save you can make it into a true track beast! A real race bike....well not actually a real one, since the only real race bike ever produced was the 749R, but close enough
2006 Honda CBR600 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki zzr600 (sold)

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a mild craving for salty foods."
rubbish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #58

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 796 ABS]
[999]

For gods sake can we please stop giving this douchebag what he wants? All that Tye wants is a rise out if us. If you ignore him he'll go away like the little f*****g five year old he is. I thank the person above me for somewhat getting back on topic. If we really want him to stop trolling just ignore every post and eventually he will get bored and go find something shiny to look at. Probably his well beloved 749 that is sitting in his garage(insert sarcastic voice here and yes I know I'm kind of giving him what he wants). Look this thread was meant to discuss the 899 and Daytona 675R. Both good bikes and a great deal.

Last edited by zodom; November 27th, 2013 at 10:26 PM.
zodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #59
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[749 R]
[848]

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodom View Post
Look this thread was meant to discuss the 899 and Daytona 675R.
That it was, until Bob Ramsbottom decided to "disagree" with my post; https://www.ducati.org/forums/899/546...tml#post725462

I'm perfectly happy to discuss the Daytona 675R and 899... now where is my checkbook so I can doll out $18k on a bike without a slipper clutch.
Old November 27th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #60

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 796 ABS]
[999]

Thank you for finally getting back on topic. Yes I agree the price is a bit steep for the bike but the electronics package is that much better than the 675R. If I'm getting a bike I'm more than likely going to get the 899. I like the power delivery of the twins over anything. Just something about them gets me. Then again I'm biased