Electrical fault solved - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 916/996/998/748

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2019, 03:14 AM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Electrical fault solved

Hi guys, i have just purchased a 998S in Melbourne. A couple of weeks after i got it home, got the belts changed and new tyres etc it developed a random fault of no lights,tacho,oil light,temp,indicators.
Turn the key on and more often than not no lights. Sometimes 15 seconds later they would all come on. Sometimes not.... the bike would start and run with no problems
So after studying the wiring diagram tesing power at the fuses i swapped the fuel pump relay over for the lighting relay. And presto. The lights and everything works again. Quick trip to and auto store to purchase a new relay. All good again.
Just thought i would share this for those having strange random electrical faults. It is not all smoke and mirrors......
Garry

Last edited by chook59; September 1st, 2019 at 12:38 PM.
chook59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads