First Service Blues - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 959 Panigale

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By duca848

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2019, 08:25 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

First Service Blues

The unfortunate thing about living in the NOVA/NCR is all the RUBs who come out of hibernation around this time of year. Iíve had the bike roughly 3 and a half weeks, just hit 580 miles and the dealer informed me that itíll be 2 weeks before they can get to it due to back log.

Guess Iíll be taking the Street Glide to North Carolina. Iíd like to take the Rocker, but I donít want to roll an open primary that far.

Ducati service centers should have a priority line for people who actually ride them vs RUBs who use them as a bar hopper.

Heck, my bar hopper, 2011 Rocker C has 30,000 miles on it and a quarter of rhat was just weekend rides through the Ortega Hwy.

I donít get it. How do so many people on here have a bike over a year old with less than 600 miles on it? Posers.
Old April 23rd, 2019, 07:44 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey D View Post
The unfortunate thing about living in the NOVA/NCR is all the RUBs who come out of hibernation around this time of year. Iíve had the bike roughly 3 and a half weeks, just hit 580 miles and the dealer informed me that itíll be 2 weeks before they can get to it due to back log.

Guess Iíll be taking the Street Glide to North Carolina. Iíd like to take the Rocker, but I donít want to roll an open primary that far.

Ducati service centers should have a priority line for people who actually ride them vs RUBs who use them as a bar hopper.

Heck, my bar hopper, 2011 Rocker C has 30,000 miles on it and a quarter of rhat was just weekend rides through the Ortega Hwy.

I donít get it. How do so many people on here have a bike over a year old with less than 600 miles on it? Posers.

I think youíre assuming that the stealership is busy with all 600 bike services. But truth of the matter is people in winter states usually wait till the spring season to do maintenance. And it kinda makes sense, for instance I need my belts changed but it made no sense to shell out $$$ in September. I ended up putting the bike away a month earlier and will be taking care of it soon. Granted Iím not at the mileage limit for my belts but at the time limit (2 years).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tchase likes this.
Old April 23rd, 2019, 01:37 PM   #3
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by duca848 View Post
I think youíre assuming that the stealership is busy with all 600 bike services. But truth of the matter is people in winter states usually wait till the spring season to do maintenance. And it kinda makes sense, for instance I need my belts changed but it made no sense to shell out $$$ in September. I ended up putting the bike away a month earlier and will be taking care of it soon. Granted Iím not at the mileage limit for my belts but at the time limit (2 years).

The up side is during the winter they are not busy and typically run specials..
Old April 24th, 2019, 11:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchase View Post
The up side is during the winter they are not busy and typically run specials..

Excellent point, I forgot about those. When I had my Monster I used to take advantage of them at a nearby dealership. They closed down after I got my 848, and the nearest dealership is too far to ride out to in the cold.

Old April 24th, 2019, 11:28 AM   #5
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by duca848 View Post
Excellent point, I forgot about those. When I had my Monster I used to take advantage of them at a nearby dealership. They closed down after I got my 848, and the nearest dealership is too far to ride out to in the cold.

Thatís what the truck is for
Old April 24th, 2019, 12:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchase View Post
Thatís what the truck is for

I want one, but aside from moving the bike around once in a while... Iíd never use the bed.