959 heat issues: any fix? - Page 2 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 959 Panigale

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2016, 08:33 AM   #16

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 1200]

On that note, I was very close to pulling the trigger on a Pike's Peak MuliStrada but preferred the Bad-Ass look of the Monster. The rest is history.
Remove Ads
Old November 14th, 2016, 05:47 PM   #17

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 1200]

The simplest solution to the heat issue is to ride faster.
Old November 17th, 2016, 01:47 PM   #18

No ducatis in the registry

I haven't noticed much heat issues with mine and it is factory settings. I notice a little bit of heat when slow speeds but not really that bad.
DarR likes this.
Spanishcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2016, 12:30 AM   #19
Ulu

It isn't too bad really but dont touch the 959. They don't start properly . This problem has been on forums since March. I just bought one and it takes between 3 and 7 goes. It is so embarrassing. Ducati shop says a software fix is coming. Unlikely as nothing has happened this year. No offer of help or fix. These are crap.
Ulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2016, 05:18 AM   #20
Ulu

Who has a fix for the 959 start problems? Mine takes up to 7 goes to start. No answers from Ducati.
Ulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2016, 08:13 AM   #21
ASM

Ducati supposedly was working on an update (tentatively scheduled for mid of November) that should resolve the hard start issue. I haven't followed it any further since I sold my 959 so I don't know whether or not it was released yet.

You can take a look at the 959 forum...there are some suggestions on how people improved their start behavior...bottom line...there is no consistent way of fixing it for everybody...
Old April 21st, 2017, 01:25 PM   #22

I really do nott understand this whole heat issue business. I live in South Alabama, temperatures ranger from around 50F (10C) to 105F (40C). I've felt heat but never been burnt by the bike, the only time it is ever really annoying is during extended periods of low speed (like being stuck in a traffic jam). I try to avoid riding my bikes into situations like that because no matter what bike you're on idling around is garbage. I always wear pants when I ride from thick leathers to my thin Army pants around post when I'm going in to work (at very low speeds). As far as the starting goes, the bikes run lean from the factory and the battery/starter is just enough to get things going. I just blip the throttle when I start the bike. Starts first shot every time. If comfort was my highest priority I'd buy a lazy boy. There are plenty of super comfy bikes out there and also cars. My vote is know what you want, don't complain about things that are a result of the bike being designed for an intended purpose. I wonder if there is a Smart car forum where everyone complains about lack of power, storage space and off-road capability. Clearly not everyone shares my sentiments but there it is. Buy a Panigale it's almost as good looking as an original MV f4 and it's a ton of fun if you want a good handling sportbike with just the right amount of power for street fun and recreational track duty. Rant complete. Cheers all
cavlino, DarR and RCEE like this.
chwxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 06:29 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulu View Post
It isn't too bad really but dont touch the 959. They don't start properly . This problem has been on forums since March. I just bought one and it takes between 3 and 7 goes. It is so embarrassing. Ducati shop says a software fix is coming. Unlikely as nothing has happened this year. No offer of help or fix. These are crap.
answered in other thread,
but if u r using premium fuel,
use 95 octane
gener8ionx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2017, 01:52 PM   #24

I love how reading this post stopped me from getting a 959 in addition to my Monster. I am more interested in the Supersport now, but will more than likely branch out to another brand with ballcooler installed.
solidgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2017, 08:14 PM   #25

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 1200]

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgun View Post
I love how reading this post stopped me from getting a 959 in addition to my Monster. I am more interested in the Supersport now, but will more than likely branch out to another brand with ballcooler installed.
IMHO, if you already own a Monster, there's not that much diversification in buying a SuperSport. Moreover, if your Monster is a 1200, you will feel the SS as underpowered.
My two cents: Pair your Monster with either a hard core Panigale racebike or a super comfy Multistrada sporty all-weather, all-rounder.

PS. Other sportbikes run hot as well. Ask the BMW S1000RR owners about their right ankle?
cavlino, daniyal.syed and solidgun like this.

Last edited by DarR; July 15th, 2017 at 08:19 PM.
DarR is offline   Reply With Quote