Drone Video riding my Panigale - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 959 Panigale

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2017, 04:11 AM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Drone Video riding my Panigale

So I've been flying my drone for about a month mostly over lakes and waterfalls and some family videos. Yesterday I made my first attempt of recording my Panigale.

Though it's not perfect, it turned pretty nice. None the less to important factors... Had fun and as always enjoyed riding the Panigale.

https://youtu.be/IOHW2xeJbsg

Mike
Spanishcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old April 10th, 2017, 12:13 PM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

Nice,

I always wonder how long until someone tries to use this on a track though.
eljoker likes this.
IdZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2017, 12:56 PM   #3
Administrator

WERA doesn't allow it yet, but I think they've said they're always looking into it. I haven't heard anything about any of the track day organizations, though.

What I want to know is if (and if so, how) you controlled that while riding? I could tell you were at the end, when you were setting it down; but I also saw you had someone with you across the road!
WERA689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2017, 01:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
WERA doesn't allow it yet, but I think they've said they're always looking into it. I haven't heard anything about any of the track day organizations, though.

What I want to know is if (and if so, how) you controlled that while riding? I could tell you were at the end, when you were setting it down; but I also saw you had someone with you across the road!

I'm not sure about his drone but I know the 3DR solo has a follow mode and once it's set then it will follow you around and you don't control it at all.
Tchase likes this.
RNJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2017, 01:11 PM   #5
Court Jester

Quote:

I know the Lily drone promised to do this (follow you) but I noticed they filed for bankruptcy... So I don't think the tech is there yet. I know they've had one or two out at our track days but it wasn't only used for specific shit, they were not opening it up to everyone.

https://www.recode.net/2017/2/28/147...kruptcy-refund
WERA689 likes this.
Old April 11th, 2017, 01:12 PM   #6
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNJ12 View Post
I'm not sure about his drone but I know the 3DR solo has a follow mode and once it's set then it will follow you around and you don't control it at all.
Yeah, I think that's the system that WERA won't allow yet. They're concerned about crowding, and possibly crashing themselves on track or riders. And I wonder about overhead wires, overhanging trees or branches, and stuff like that at some tracks.
Old April 11th, 2017, 01:15 PM   #7

Yeah with 5-6 it could be bad for a lot of people. One person using it is actually very cool but the saying the more the merrier doesn't ring true in this case.
WERA689 likes this.
Old April 11th, 2017, 01:18 PM   #8
Court Jester

Quote:
Yeah, I think that's the system that WERA won't allow yet. They're concerned about crowding, and possibly crashing themselves on track or riders. And I wonder about overhead wires, overhanging trees or branches, and stuff like that at some tracks.
They should not let everyone / anyone bring one. They should have one just like they have a photographer...

I'd pay to have it follow me for one session...
WERA689 likes this.
Old April 11th, 2017, 01:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchase View Post
They should not let everyone / anyone bring one. They should have one just like they have a photographer...

But who gets to decide if it will follow you or another guy? The most money wins?
WERA689 likes this.
Old April 11th, 2017, 01:35 PM   #10
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNJ12 View Post
But who gets to decide if it will follow you or another guy? The most money wins?

There's more than one session in a day price it accordingly
Old April 11th, 2017, 01:38 PM   #11
Administrator

Five lap blocks. Greatly decreases the odds of getting your best lap, though.
Tchase likes this.
Old April 11th, 2017, 01:51 PM   #12

Quote:

https://youtu.be/QFyu2pi3cRc

The remote connects to iphone or Android. The phone is your camera screen with digital readings. This Mavic drone has settings one called Track Mode. You select the item "motorcycle" on screen and choose to follow. The drone Flys on its own from there and follows target.

The second video that is about the drone I posted talks about this mode. One of many modes available.

My buddy monitored while I rode reference power line hazards or if something may go wrong.

Mike
WERA689 likes this.

Last edited by Spanishcop; April 11th, 2017 at 01:55 PM.
Old April 11th, 2017, 01:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchase View Post

I'd let someone pay me to do it. I'm in Ohio though lol and track would have to allow it of course.

Mike
Old April 11th, 2017, 02:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanishcop View Post
I'd let someone pay me to do it. I'm in Ohio though lol and track would have to allow it of course.

Mike

Yeah for sure. I'm in Florida and would buy several more for this purpose. AND working for an airline has huge advantages (free flights to different tracks around the globe)
Old April 11th, 2017, 05:07 PM   #15
Court Jester

As much liability insurance they already carry on the track I just don't understand why they don't make this into a profit center.