different front fenders on the 749 999? - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 999/749

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2019, 08:12 PM   #1

ducatis in the registry:
[Desmosedici RR]

different front fenders on the 749 999?

greetings-

I found a used front fender/mudguard and the seller says its for a 749 but it doesnt match what I have on the bike right now. Specifically the small cutout/"notch" in front mudguard for the brake lines is missing. When I look on ebay I seem to 3 styles of mudguard

1 - no notch at all
2 - a rubber piece where the notch should be
3 - the ones with the notch \

I seem to recall a post indicating that the 749 and 999 front mudguards came in multiple series, with the 1st series not having the notch and later series having it. Or perhaps it was the the 749 and 999 biposto did not and were abs plastic while the 749

I would appreciate any gudiance regarding the differences between the mudguards, which bikes had which, etc.

Also, did any of the 999 mudguards come in fiberglass? The seller says is fiberglass which makes me think either its actually carbon fiber or an aftermarket part
Attached Images

MGORDONVEGAS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old July 28th, 2019, 04:02 AM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[999 S]

The one in your 1st pic is an aftermarket part, not original Ducati. Original ones always have the notch with a rubber grommet for the brake line and they are either plastic or carbon.

The ones in the 2nd and 3rd pic are an early model with the larger cutouts for the forks. Later one looks like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-74...-/183492700899

The carbon fenders are available in three different versions; the two types above and one that wraps around the forks a bit more (not the greatest pic attached).
Attached Images

jusutus is offline   Reply With Quote