Need PowerCommander III Map - 749R & Termignoni Full Exhaust - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 999/749

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2007, 09:22 AM   #1

ducatis in the registry:
[749 R]

Need PowerCommander III Map - 749R & Termignoni Full Exhaust

I recently installed a 57mm Termignoni full exhaust on my 749R and the Power Commander III USB map that we used does not seem to work well (there wasn't an exact map for this combination so we used the map that was recommended by MotoWheels). There is a very bad flat spot in the 7K-8K RPM range and overall it just doesn't feel right. Has anyone seen the proper map for this set up? I'll take it to a dyno and get a custom map done if needed but thought I'd check here first. Thanks.

Steve

Last edited by sgcullen; July 8th, 2007 at 09:14 PM.
sgcullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old July 8th, 2007, 10:36 PM   #2

No ducatis in the registry

I only know some basics about mapping...sea level etc all comes into play so I'm not sure how you can just have a generic map. You have obviously spent a LOT of money on that bike...IMO get a custom map that you can trust to make sure it's perfect for you. And it should be warrantied for you too in case anything ever goes wrong.
NewDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #3

No ducatis in the registry

P.S. My dealer is nowhere near you. However my tech builds race bikes and happens to race a 749R. He's difficult to get in touch with but you can always try:

Kyle at BCM Motorsports on EST: 603-524-4898
NewDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 08:37 AM   #4

ducatis in the registry:
[749 R]

Thanks for the info!
Old July 12th, 2007, 09:57 AM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[999 S]
[1098 S Tri-Color]

Why not use the ECU that comes with the exhaust from Termi. I have found that when "fiddling" with these things, you usually end up with results like you are experiencing. The ECU and exhaust package from Termi is a great combination. I have full Termi's on both bikes with the enclosed ECU's and I have NO flat spots or any problems. They run like stink and they do it reliably.....
JohnnyDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 06:49 PM   #6

ducatis in the registry:
[749 R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDuc
Why not use the ECU that comes with the exhaust from Termi. I have found that when "fiddling" with these things, you usually end up with results like you are experiencing. The ECU and exhaust package from Termi is a great combination. I have full Termi's on both bikes with the enclosed ECU's and I have NO flat spots or any problems. They run like stink and they do it reliably.....
The main reason why is I also was going to install a Quick Shifter but it seems to bind too much (I played with it as did my dealer who has a lot more experience than me). I may remove the PC 3...but I'm going to go get a map done first to see if that solves it.
Old July 15th, 2007, 01:33 PM   #7

ducatis in the registry:
[749 R]

I removed the PC III but now I think the bike is flooded. It cranks over but won't fire. Strong smell of gas out the exhaust when cranking it. What's the best method for dealing with a flooded Ducati? Are the plugs fouled now also?