Simple emphasis to a certain rule - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Site Related > Announcements

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2008, 12:16 AM   #1
Administrator

No ducatis in the registry

Simple emphasis to a certain rule

I want to emphasize that everyone here should respect each other.

PERSONAL ATTACKS should NOT be written on this board. If you have something personal to say to someone, send them a message or something, but I do not want to see this. If it continues we will have some "time out" periods upon ANY personal attack. I've seen this work, and really hope we do not need to do this. This will be heavily enforced if it needs be.

I will personally handle repeat offenders so if you find yourself unable to post, you can simply read this message and figure it out.

So everyone, take it easy, its a forum, we all love Ducatis and that's why we're here. We're all going to be different being from different backgrounds and areas of the world, so respect that and the opinions of others.
Remove Ads
Old June 5th, 2008, 06:18 AM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]
[907ie Paso]

attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin View Post

PERSONAL ATTACKS should NOT be written on this board. If you have something personal to say to someone, send them a message or something, but I do not want to see this. If it continues we will have some "time out" periods upon ANY personal attack. I've seen this work, and really hope we do not need to do this. This will be heavily enforced if it needs be.

I will personally handle repeat offenders so if you find yourself unable to post, you can simply read this message and figure it out.

So everyone, take it easy, its a forum, we all love Ducatis and that's why we're here. We're all going to be different being from different backgrounds and areas of the world, so respect that and the opinions of others.
Alvin,

In addition to personal attacks, I would suggest that attacks on groups of people, like Blacks, Jews, Hippies, or any other racist/bigoted type of hate speech should be off limits. I'm really tired of VQs constant hippie bashing. I know I'm not the only one who finds this offensive and inappropriate. Racisim and bigotry have no place on your fourm

Just my opinion.

Elton
Track Bikes (#58):
'08 Kawasaki ZX6R (Green)
'02 Yamaha R6 (Black)

Street Bikes:
'07 MV Agusta F4 1000 R (Red/Silver)
'07 Ducati 1098s (Red)
'93 Ducati 907ie w/ worked engine (Red)
'93 Ducat 907ie (Red)
'91 Ducati 907ie (Red)
'82 Kawasaki KZ1100 Spectre (Wine/Black)
Old June 5th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #3

ducatis in the registry:
[Desmosedici RR]

I agree with Elton, even on the personal attacks though some may feel different.

Date a Cesare quello che e' di Cesare!
Old June 5th, 2008, 06:02 PM   #4
Soz
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Quote:

You should post this across all the main boards and not just here. Not everybody might think or choose to look here. Then lock it out so it can't be added to.

Old June 5th, 2008, 09:04 PM   #5
Banned

I applaud the effort as well as theory. But I would think a more singular approach would be better than the broad brush that the complete forum is being painted with.. Lets be honest, there’s just a very limited few who just seem to continually be the problem. If they don’t start it you can bet they’re usually heavily in the mix of it..

RC
Old June 6th, 2008, 01:14 PM   #6

ducatis in the registry:
[Desmosedici RR]

I believe we all gave the message to Alvin: I hope he will use the best of his judgement to "regulate"these issues; frankly I am geting a bit tired of the same junk that goes on and I hope I will not get tired to the point of abandoning this all thing.
Thank you Alvin for reading into the above

Old June 6th, 2008, 10:05 PM   #7
Banned

+1111111111111111

Rc
Old June 7th, 2008, 10:03 AM   #8

ducatis in the registry:
[Desmosedici RR]

Quote:

I think you need re-read your own post and go apply what you preach for in the thread "smack talk". Some action is definitely needed.
This is going way too far Alvin.
Thanks

Old January 30th, 2009, 12:37 AM   #9

Hi Administrator,

Perhaps you could have a look at this thread.

http://www.ducatispot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11380

I have been subject to a number of personal attacks from OzDucati and Honest John and would appreciate you taking whatever action you deem appropriate. This is my first post on this forum.

kind regards

Ramjet
Old January 30th, 2009, 05:12 AM   #10

Umm..

As this is your FIRST post here under that name, I'd guess you are taking exception to some-one talking about some-one else.

UNLESS you created a second log in.. which is verrry baaad mmmmmkayyy..

or

you came here only to stir up some trouble.

Seeing as how CB said this

**I want to emphasize that EVERYONE HERE should respect each other.

PERSONAL ATTACKS should NOT be written on this board. If you have something personal to say to someone, SEND THEM A MESSAGE or something, but I do not want to see this. If it continues we will have some "time out" periods upon ANY personal attack. I've seen this work, and really hope we do not need to do this. This will be heavily enforced if it needs be.

That means attacks between MEMBERS.. If you're not one of us, you're fair game.

That all said NOW that you ARE one of us.. you are launching a personal attack on two other members ..

Perhaps you should have sent them a message because your attacks should not be tolerated.

Sorry to talk out of place and over you CB.
The reality of this situation maybe obscured by living room curtains.
Old January 30th, 2009, 05:43 AM   #11

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1198 S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
Hi Administrator,

Perhaps you could have a look at this thread.

http://www.ducatispot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11380

I have been subject to a number of personal attacks from OzDucati and Honest John and would appreciate you taking whatever action you deem appropriate. This is my first post on this forum.

kind regards

Ramjet
Hey Ramjet
It appears you are refering to a blast you have copped from a post on your own club forum.

After 1 post why should Alvin be your umpire?

Its probably something you need to take up with your own club for taking politics outside the club...
my 2c's worth.

Old January 30th, 2009, 10:52 AM   #12
Administrator

This thread isn't for others to post comments and suggestions. Thread closed!
Closed Thread