About time - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Regional Areas - International > Australia

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By W17
  • 1 Post By W17
  • 1 Post By W17
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #1
W17
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
W17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,089
About time

Exciting news .
Owners share plans for SA motorsport park - Yahoo!7
748R likes this.
__________________
If you don't have time to use your products, what's the point of having them? So you can "be a man" and prove your dominance by showing people your purchasing power? ...........
W17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old November 7th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #2
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
Aussie_Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,619
Lucky you.
__________________
"... the intellectual curiosity of a 5th grader."
Aussie_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #3
Senior Member

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

 
pat1098's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Adelaide South Australia
Posts: 6,777
Yeah I was wondering what would happen to this facility as I rode past it last week.

This sounds hopeful. All I've heard of has been some drift racing out there since Mitsubishi sold it.

For those who aren't aware of it, this is the area of land on the north-eastern side of the intersection of the Dukes Highway and the Mallee Highway east of Tailem Bend.

Just over an hour by road from Adelaide, which is similar to the distance out to Mallala. I hope it comes to fruition.

And I hope it is a faster layout than Mallala. That place just cooks your brakes.

pat1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #4
W17
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
W17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,089
It was interesting to here people complain that it is too far away from Adelaide .
Tailem Bend is only 90km from Adelaide on the freeway and situated where weather and noise does not seem a issue .
No pleasing some I guess .
__________________
If you don't have time to use your products, what's the point of having them? So you can "be a man" and prove your dominance by showing people your purchasing power? ...........
W17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #5
W17
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
W17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat1098 View Post
Yeah I was wondering what would happen to this facility as I rode past it last week.

This sounds hopeful. All I've heard of has been some drift racing out there since Mitsubishi sold it.

For those who aren't aware of it, this is the area of land on the north-eastern side of the intersection of the Dukes Highway and the Mallee Highway east of Tailem Bend.

Just over an hour by road from Adelaide, which is similar to the distance out to Mallala. I hope it comes to fruition.

And I hope it is a faster layout than Mallala. That place just cooks your brakes.


I suspect the Shahin family having a background in Porche racing will influence the layout of the track . These guys get things done quick I doubt they will drag their feet on this .
Paul1198 likes this.
__________________
If you don't have time to use your products, what's the point of having them? So you can "be a man" and prove your dominance by showing people your purchasing power? ...........
W17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #6
Senior Member

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

 
pat1098's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Adelaide South Australia
Posts: 6,777
Weather and noise won't really be an issue, although it's pretty exposed out there to heat or wind.

I make Tailem Bend about 100 kms from here (I used to drive out there for work years ago) and the circuit would be another 5 - 6 kms the other side, so easily done in a little over an hour on the SE Freeway.

Not too far if the place is any good. A lot of time and money between now and then though..

We got our hopes up over ACUSA Park (out of Nairne) years ago, but that came to nought.

I guess we'll wait and see..

pat1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #7
W17
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
W17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,089
I will take heat and wind over rain and wind compared to PI or Mac Park.
Wind is really not a issue out there in fact and as for heat it is no different than Mallala .
748R likes this.
__________________
If you don't have time to use your products, what's the point of having them? So you can "be a man" and prove your dominance by showing people your purchasing power? ...........
W17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #8
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
X I M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 277
Cool, so I will be able to crash at your place Wilks.
X I M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #9
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
Jaffa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by X I M View Post
Cool, so I will be able to crash at your place Wilks.
Is that different to crashing in to wilks?

I won't drive 100k, 90k is fine. So this needs to be clarified soon,

Last edited by Jaffa; November 9th, 2013 at 08:02 PM.
Jaffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #10
W17
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
W17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by X I M View Post
Cool, so I will be able to crash at your place Wilks.
You know it,
__________________
If you don't have time to use your products, what's the point of having them? So you can "be a man" and prove your dominance by showing people your purchasing power? ...........
W17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #11
W17
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
W17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Is that different to crashing in to wilks?

I won't drive 100k, 90k is fine. So this needs to be clarified soon,
There needs more discussion on this .
__________________
If you don't have time to use your products, what's the point of having them? So you can "be a man" and prove your dominance by showing people your purchasing power? ...........

Last edited by W17; November 10th, 2013 at 02:16 AM.
W17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #12
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
Jaffa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by W17 View Post
There needs more discussion on his .
Without a proper debate on this, the tracks development should be delayed indefinitely.

My initial thoughts, without the benefit of any actual facts. If I need to travel 10 klms further to the track from Adelaide, that will take me 6 minutes longer to get there, assuming I am travelling at 100klm per hour. If I also assume that I will go back to Adelaide the same day, so that's a total of 12 minutes lost, gone! never to be recovered, ever. If I go there say 5 time each year, I lose a whole hour! WTF!

Now that's a problem!
Jaffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2013, 01:02 AM   #13
W17
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
W17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Without a proper debate on this, the tracks development should be delayed indefinitely.

My initial thoughts, without the benefit of any actual facts. If I need to travel 10 klms further to the track from Adelaide, that will take me 6 minutes longer to get there, assuming I am travelling at 100klm per hour. If I also assume that I will go back to Adelaide the same day, so that's a total of 12 minutes lost, gone! never to be recovered, ever. If I go there say 5 time each year, I lose a whole hour! WTF!

Now that's a problem!
It's actually not as bad as you would think . It is a 110 km/h zone to Tailem Bend but about 4 k/m "approx" of 80k/m and another 4 of 60km/h.
No matter how you look at it I still think your going yo lose that 12 minutes there and back .
Fuck.
__________________
If you don't have time to use your products, what's the point of having them? So you can "be a man" and prove your dominance by showing people your purchasing power? ...........
W17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #14
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 251
I know this is light hearted, but with some of the bitching and whining going on in Adelaide, makes me wonder why they'd bother?
I've heard so many on the radio complain how far away it is, but I bet they never got involved in the campaign to have one closer.
Grumbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #15
W17
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
W17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumbly View Post
I know this is light hearted, but with some of the bitching and whining going on in Adelaide, makes me wonder why they'd bother?
I've heard so many on the radio complain how far away it is, but I bet they never got involved in the campaign to have one closer.
Drag Racers ? They want to have mid week race meetings .
Can you imagine the noise restrictions anywhere closer .
Phillip Island even has quiet days these days .
__________________
If you don't have time to use your products, what's the point of having them? So you can "be a man" and prove your dominance by showing people your purchasing power? ...........
W17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Search tags for this page

shahin tailem bend

Click on a term to search for related topics.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.