Desmo fuel pump issue! - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > Desmosedici RR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2019, 10:19 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Desmo fuel pump issue!

Hi everybody. First time on the forum. Can't believe I've had my Desmo from new in 2009 and I am only just registering on this great forum.....wow. What a great wealth of info on here.
Anyway to my problem. I thought I'd share some pictures of what happened to me in case it helps somebody else out. Last year while prepping the bike for a day ride I had it running after doing oil + filter & coolant change. All OK for 5 mins then she just stopped. After hours and much swearing I though it had to be fuel so I popped out the pump assembly. Lo & behold I found the line from the filter to the pump had blown off (see pics). The bike had 8500 km on it then. All I could do was fit a screw clamp and hope for the best. It held for a few rides but most recently on my last ride it let go again as the hose had swollen a bit and the clamp worked loose. She just stopped on the side of the road and luckily I knew where to look and got going again fairly quickly but the hose on the filter end is also coming loose. In my opinion It's a crappy setup and the way it was secured from the factory was pulling on the pump as well which is only increasing the stress on the hose. Why they couldn't have run more of the flexible line as seen on the rest of the assembly is beyond me. I'm looking to see what I can do to fix it permanently. The roads in my area are bumpy as hell and this couldn't have helped the situation.
Anyway just thought I'd share this. Happy & safe riding
Attached Images

Sned99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads