First thread - Page 5 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Other Models > Diavel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2010, 02:22 PM   #61

ducatis in the registry:
[851]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey View Post
It has better acceleration away from the traffic lights than a 1198, shorter stopping distances than a 1198 and lean angles in corners which Harley can only dream about.
I haven't seen any reviews or performance data. Where was that information from?

I don't begrudge Ducati for building the Diavel. If it increases Ducati's market share and subsequently helps them to build more amazing machines, then so be it. I'm a bit at odds styling wise with the Diavel. Maybe pics don't do it justice but it seems to miss a bit on the common design language across the Ducati range, to me at least
Remove Ads
Old November 25th, 2010, 02:25 AM   #62

No ducatis in the registry

Hey Guys, I found this place looking up Daivel stuff, cool. Think Im going to get one.
Rasberry Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 12:44 PM   #63

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

How's everyone?
I was wondering if anybody else found the Diavel somewhat looks like a jetski when you sit on one in the bike show...I sat on one and yikes, it does feel like I was sitting on a Jetski, bulky and all...but Bravos for Ducati's new idea of a cruiser...
*Still enjoying my 848 on trackdays
Donger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2010, 06:10 AM   #64

thanks for the pics ... doesn't look too bad to me, agree on the monster evo comment!

I am curious about its price and positioning versus the SF. If the base diavel is for 17k (slipper clutch, dtc, ride modes -- the works), why would they expect people to pay more for the SF-S?

I am assuming not many SFs get used for track days (that'd be 848's duties)
desmodigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2010, 06:16 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
I haven't seen any reviews or performance data. Where was that information from?

I don't begrudge Ducati for building the Diavel. If it increases Ducati's market share and subsequently helps them to build more amazing machines, then so be it. I'm a bit at odds styling wise with the Diavel. Maybe pics don't do it justice but it seems to miss a bit on the common design language across the Ducati range, to me at least
I haven't seen the 'faster than 1198 to 100' anywhere -- they just mention 2.6 seconds somewhere "breathless in 2.6 seconds", but it sounds like it might be the 0-100 time .. which is slower than 1198 i suppose

Stopping power - they mention is better than SBKs, because of the ABS - again that does not mean shorter stopping distance (weight is more and a skilled rider -- not me -- can outbrake an ABS), but perhaps more weight on rear wheel also helps with braking power.

Lean angles - they mention 41 degrees, which compares to 40 degrees or so for the 'sporty' (yeah right!) harleys ... maybe the sportster etc.
desmodigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 11:06 AM   #66

In my opinion the back fender/pillion set up is fugly and impractical. This is a combination of style and functionality, with regards to going 2 up and carrying some luggage. If they carried the back fender back and down .. it would not make the bike looked chopped short and the pillion could also be more practically, and comfortably, placed. AND .. for those of us, old guys, who like to cruise more than sport .. it would be more amenable to adding a removable sissybar for carrying a t-bag. I bought a vrod because I wanted a nice looking power cruiser and although it is, in my opinion, one of the best looking bikes on the market it is relatively lethargic and corners even worse. The only other real option is the vmax .. *shrugs*

Last edited by AndyV; February 12th, 2011 at 11:27 AM.
AndyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 11:25 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer848 View Post
$3,300 macaroons!
Thieven bastads!
Attached Images

2010 1198S Corse (sold)
2010 SF S (sold)
2012 Multi S PP (sold)

2006 999s

God bless our troops, especially our snipers!
La Rossa is offline   Reply With Quote