Hello and I just ordered mine... - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Other Models > Diavel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2011, 06:41 AM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Hello and I just ordered mine...

I'm a newbie on this forum and to Ducati as well. So, firstly a hello to all.

Even leaving aside its brand associations, my like for the Diavel's design and function was there from first seeing its images. I liked its sort of retro, sort of cruiser, look. I was intrigued by the controversy the bike generated. It was an indication that it wasn't going to be a bike that would fit into any conventional mould. In Apple's famous quote for some of it's new products..."it is a game changer". IMO, the Diavel could just be that for the market segment it creates. One that fits between cruiser and sport and with acceptable compromises so that it becomes the top dog in the niche it creates.

So about my needs... I wanted a comfortable bike with heaps of performance which is reasonably nimble for the bendy roads I love to ride on and be good for the occasional few hundred mile ride. It should also be different enough from my current rides so as to broaden my riding options. I'll admit that I'm a slim young "old fart" at 52 and wanted a bike that I could handle well and and one that is reasonably light. BUT I just do not want a "cruiser"! So...

...Along comes the Diavel and I talk to some fellows I know who went to the Ducati dealer launch/rides in CA last week. Their impressions (even from some initial pessimists) were such that I have gone ahead and ordered a Diavel Carbon (Red)! The bike ticks most of the boxes on my req list and I have no reservations about my ordering the bike. I'm actually excited!

The bike arrives sometime this month. We shall see.
Remove Ads
Old March 9th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[848]
[Diavel Carbon]

I ordered mine too. It will arrive either last week of march or the latest will be on Mid april. I currently own a tricked out 848 but I find the ridding postion hard on my wrist during city ridding (but the ergo's is a blessing in the tracks and my favorite mountain twisties).
I was looking for a comfy bike but I do not like the aircooled engines of Ducati. I know it is good but for me, aircooled engines and peformance should not be used in the same sentence.
I love the streetfighter but the ergo's is nt that comfy too for long rides. Multi strada, I do not like because I do not like the looks . Now along came the Diavel and I immedietley fell in love with this bike. The wait is killing me so I ordered my Accesories to ease the wait. where in fact, it made the "wait" even harder. I got the full termi's, carbon fiber cam covers, carbon fiber hugger. roadtser windshield sprocket cover, billet plugs etc. here are some pics

the carbon rear hugger

By dos_lirio at 2011-03-08

The roadster windshield

Full termi's

I am awaiting for the arrivel of my sprocket cover, aluminum grips, brake and clutch fluid reservior covers, belly pan, tank pad guard etc
Old March 10th, 2011, 03:44 PM   #3

Your bike is going to be absolutely a scorcher! Congratulations!

I'm going easy on the carbon bits and will get them and the termi once I'm a bit more proficient at knowing the bike and my needs.

Be well, ride safe.
Old March 13th, 2011, 03:15 AM   #4

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 SP]

I saw a Diavel in the flesh on Friday night, man they look tough!!! 240 rear tire is super!
Old March 13th, 2011, 11:00 PM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

I have just returned from paying for my 848EVO and this rolled in off the truck.

I must say they are much better in person.
11 848EVO
96 900SS (puchased 1.11.01 - sold 31.03.12)
bigal900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 05:26 AM   #6

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 SP]

Yeah definately.

Ive seen heaps of pics, read all the articles, but they look sooooo much better in the flesh.
Old March 15th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #7

I can't wait for mine to arrive! Was just told that my delivery date is 4th April.
Patience I know but... It's hard! What to do fellas?
Old March 16th, 2011, 12:09 AM   #8

ducatis in the registry:
[848]
[Diavel Carbon]

Haku, you should consider yourself lucky. The delivery date of my diavel is april 7!! you will get yours 3 days earlier than I would. my wait is longer
Old March 16th, 2011, 12:16 AM   #9

ducatis in the registry:
[848]
[Diavel Carbon]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal900 View Post
I have just returned from paying for my 848EVO and this rolled in off the truck.

I must say they are much better in person.
Do not feel bad, the 848 and diavel are two different bikes. I am an 848 owner myself and I am not selling it even if my diavel arrives. Think of it this way, the 848 is for sporty ridding for the tracks and youre favorite mountain twisites. The diavel is for your long distance touring with a your back ride. My wife rode the 848's pillion seat and she does not want to do it again, ever!!

I believe the 848 is better than the diavel in terms of handling and top speed while the diavel will beat the 848 in a quarter mile race and comfort levels. as for the looks, not every one will like the looks of the diavel, we do not know if that wide rear tire will grow on some fellow riders while the 848/1098 and 1198 is widely accepted by the public
Old March 16th, 2011, 12:18 AM   #10

ducatis in the registry:
[848]
[Diavel Carbon]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms700 View Post
I saw a Diavel in the flesh on Friday night, man they look tough!!! 240 rear tire is super!

IS it true? it looks better in person compared to pictures?
Old March 16th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #11

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos lirio View Post
Do not feel bad, the 848 and diavel are two different bikes. I am an 848 owner myself and I am not selling it even if my diavel arrives. Think of it this way, the 848 is for sporty ridding for the tracks and youre favorite mountain twisites. The diavel is for your long distance touring with a your back ride. My wife rode the 848's pillion seat and she does not want to do it again, ever!!

I believe the 848 is better than the diavel in terms of handling and top speed while the diavel will beat the 848 in a quarter mile race and comfort levels. as for the looks, not every one will like the looks of the diavel, we do not know if that wide rear tire will grow on some fellow riders while the 848/1098 and 1198 is widely accepted by the public
When i saw the diavel the other day i almost changed my new bike purchase to one of those but i want to try some track days. I test rode the 1198 and all the front wheel wanted to do was reach for the sky so i opted for a more rideable bike in my opinion the 848. I have a 900ss which i will keep for longer rides and 2 up but my wife has her own Monster so she really isn't that into being pilion anymore.
I can honestly say the Diavel looks so much better in the flesh and i am sure you will love it when it arrives. Congratulations on your purchase and post some pics when you pick her up. Enjoy your new ride and who cares what other people may say about it as long as you are happy that is all that matters.
11 848EVO
96 900SS (puchased 1.11.01 - sold 31.03.12)
bigal900 is offline   Reply With Quote