Diavel on the track - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Other Models > Diavel

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By f30

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2016, 01:14 PM   #1
f30

No ducatis in the registry

Diavel on the track

I know it's not what this bike is meant for but I'm taking mine on a cornering course and a track course for beginners in a few months. Has anybody here done it? The only reason I am taking mine on the track is because its the closest bike I have that I can take on the track.

For those that did it, what was your experience like on the diavel on the track?
f30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old February 13th, 2016, 05:00 PM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[848 EVO]

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30 View Post
I know it's not what this bike is meant for but I'm taking mine on a cornering course and a track course for beginners in a few months. Has anybody here done it? The only reason I am taking mine on the track is because its the closest bike I have that I can take on the track.

For those that did it, what was your experience like on the diavel on the track?

When I went to CSS there was a dude on a gold wing. Doesn't need to be a sport bike to belong on a track
Dmitriy5099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2016, 09:34 PM   #3
f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy5099 View Post
When I went to CSS there was a dude on a gold wing. Doesn't need to be a sport bike to belong on a track
I signed up for some cornering courses followed by a track day. Can't wait to see how well it handles cornering and on a track.
Dmitriy5099 likes this.
Old February 15th, 2016, 10:27 PM   #4

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

At our local track there is a guy that sometimes goes to trackdays with his Diavel. Doesn't seem to be an issue for him.
IdZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2016, 06:14 AM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[848 EVO]

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30 View Post
I signed up for some cornering courses followed by a track day. Can't wait to see how well it handles cornering and on a track.

Smart man, doing all the right things to improve your safety
Dmitriy5099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2016, 08:43 PM   #6
f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdZer0 View Post
At our local track there is a guy that sometimes goes to trackdays with his Diavel. Doesn't seem to be an issue for him.
This bike is amazing. It's really not a cruiser in the modern sense of the word. It's something between a cruiser and a sports bike. I'm probably going to build up a track bike at some point but I'm loving this bike. The beginner cornering course I am going to doesn't require changing the anti freeze out or physically removing mirrors but rather we tape them. I'm happy about that. The track day, I will have to prep the bike.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 06:40 PM   #7
f30

FML, I have to push back my corner school because I had to order the right PPE. Soon, soon.
Old April 7th, 2016, 07:47 PM   #8
f30

Finished a cornering school. The only complaint I have of this bike is the placement of foot pegs. The standard riding position placement makes it difficult but not impossible to keep your feet from sliding during aggressive turning. I have to really concentrate on pointing my toe up to stay off of the ground. Keep in mind, the turns I am referring to are 90 and greater than 90 degree turns. Because of this, shifting to gain speed out of a turn is nearly impossible when your turning left until you can come out of your lean a little. Most of the time, this wasn't an issue but this issue does surface if your on a track with aggressive multiple turns.
Old April 8th, 2016, 05:30 AM   #9

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

Change over to GP shift and problem will go away