Anybody Feel the Diavel lacks sturdiness uptop in mph? - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Other Models > Diavel

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 7 Summits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2017, 06:02 AM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Anybody Feel the Diavel lacks sturdiness uptop in mph?

I just got the diavel and I love the bike, I just did a quick run up into triple digits an the bike seems like it could be more stable. I think since it has a more open nature that its like this, I'm wondering if a few small aero modifications in front would help anything? any input or people who have done so and had a good outcome?
diavelcarbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old May 9th, 2017, 08:30 AM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

Getting suspension and geometry set up first will help. Also check your tire pressure.
descb600f likes this.
Old May 9th, 2017, 09:18 AM   #3

Maybe laying on the tank would help as well. I've ridden the Diavel and the biggest problem is the aerodynamics of having your body upright that acts as a brake if you think about it.
RNJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2017, 12:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Summits View Post
Getting suspension and geometry set up first will help. Also check your tire pressure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNJ12 View Post
Maybe laying on the tank would help as well. I've ridden the Diavel and the biggest problem is the aerodynamics of having your body upright that acts as a brake if you think about it.
Suspension & geometry? Why would I change that from stock? air pressure is fine.

I was laying on the tank at this point with a helmet on.

I'm thinking its just too open and that the handlebars and mirrors may be part of the issue also as every little bit helps. Handlebars are wide and high and the mirrors aren't small and also stick out a bit and aren't very aero dynamic compared to other mirrors. Not sure if a certain type of windscreen may help out also.
Old May 10th, 2017, 03:07 AM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[Diavel Dark]

Why did you buy one? It's clear from the beginning that it's an upright seating position. As for feeling squirrely, I never had that sensation. It's an awesome bike, the ultimate sport cruiser. Get the suspension set up by a pro, then see.
dansax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2017, 05:37 AM   #6

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

Quote:
Originally Posted by diavelcarbon View Post
Suspension & geometry? Why would I change that from stock? air pressure is fine.

I was laying on the tank at this point with a helmet on.

I'm thinking its just too open and that the handlebars and mirrors may be part of the issue also as every little bit helps. Handlebars are wide and high and the mirrors aren't small and also stick out a bit and aren't very aero dynamic compared to other mirrors. Not sure if a certain type of windscreen may help out also.
Because every bike should have the suspension set up properly for the rider.
Old May 10th, 2017, 10:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansax View Post
Why did you buy one? It's clear from the beginning that it's an upright seating position. As for feeling squirrely, I never had that sensation. It's an awesome bike, the ultimate sport cruiser. Get the suspension set up by a pro, then see.
I bought it cause I wanted one and I love the bike and I'm pretty happy with it. I just figured there may be improvements to be made since you can always make something a little better. Its a question not a shot at the bike, I just got it and I think its pretty much the best bike ive ever been on since it can do almost anything I throw at it and I have owned a lot of bikes so far to compare it to.
Old June 24th, 2017, 04:57 AM   #8

The suspension on anything but a smooth road can steal some confidence at high speeds.
descb600f is offline   Reply With Quote