Ducati 748 KBike slipper clutch - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > General Discussion > Ducati Discussion

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kmag1198SP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2019, 03:08 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Ducati 748 KBike slipper clutch

I recently installed K bike slipper clutch on my Ducati 748 and notice a big jerking motion during 1st gear take off. Feels like not engaging correctly. Other than that the bike does great upshifting and downshifting aggressively. Any help out there? Thanks in advance!
NP11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old February 26th, 2019, 02:23 AM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

what do you mean jerking?
the issues i had installing my KBike was that it required the friction disk first on the basket not steel. the only thing i notice since then is grinding noize on take off but i dont mind. i guess its the disks. other than that it works great.
fuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2019, 06:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NP11 View Post
I recently installed K bike slipper clutch on my Ducati 748 and notice a big jerking motion during 1st gear take off. Feels like not engaging correctly. Other than that the bike does great upshifting and downshifting aggressively. Any help out there? Thanks in advance!
i set the stack height and also started with the correct clutch plate
Old February 26th, 2019, 07:01 AM   #4

Thanks For the response When i let the clutch out it’s makes a jerking motion and big noise when I try to ride the clutch out , it feel likes it’s not engaging correctly or something , i definitely put the friction plate first. Maybe it’s time for new clutch plates ...
Old February 26th, 2019, 07:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NP11 View Post
Thanks For the response When i let the clutch out it’s makes a jerking motion and big noise when I try to ride the clutch out , it feel likes it’s not engaging correctly or something , i definitely put the friction plate first. Maybe it’s time for new clutch plates ...
doesnt feel like clutch Is slipping more of a big jerk until I let out off the clutch
Old February 26th, 2019, 11:02 AM   #6

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

i cannot really say what a jerk feels like, mine if there was no sound i couldn't detect any issues. i am only annoyed by the sound, the launch is smooth.
fuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 03:02 PM   #7
GMV

The same thing happened to me... a mate asked if I could have a look at the original factory slipper clutch on his 748R ... I told him he needed a new basket and some more friction plates.

He turns up with a near new [one ride day old ] KBike slipper clutch full Kit that he had bought of some one he new... there were no instructions but that didn't bother me as Ive repacked and fitted many kits through my racing years.

The first thing was that the large centre nut pulled the spider spring fingers away from the drum... I used the original nut... that worked... so no matter how I packed the plates... steel or friction first...thickness of the pack, curved plate in or out... I couldn't get the bike to take off smoothly from a standing start... it would slip grab slip grab.

In the end I put his old clutch back in with one of my old baskets and some used plates, sprayed them with white Lithium grease and bingo he reckons its the best his clutch has ever been.

So the KBike clutch kit looks good but I couldn't get it to work.
GMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2019, 07:01 PM   #8

So did you install a different slipper clutch or did you go back to original? Should I get a différent slipper? Trying to build a track/race bike
Old March 5th, 2019, 07:03 PM   #9

Did the original nut help the KBike slipper work?
Old March 7th, 2019, 08:40 AM   #10
Court Jester

Have you tried adjusting the lever, sounds like the plunger is not fully engaging. I just got done getting my ducabike installed and depending on your over all stack height (high or low) you might need to compensate by adjusting the plunger on the lever?
Old April 11th, 2019, 04:19 AM   #11

I have a 2011 1198sp with the slipper clutch and in first taking off it would skip and grind horribly. I just adjusted my clutch lever toward the grip recently (not in any attempt to fix the issue) and the clutch is super light and smooth. I actually stalled the first time riding it because it was so different. No more jerking or grinding.
Tchase likes this.
Kmag1198SP is offline   Reply With Quote