Swapping mirrors... - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Ducati Monster Forums > Ducati Monster 1200

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Toiffel
  • 1 Post By Toiffel
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2019, 08:49 AM   #1
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 80
Swapping mirrors...

Considering swapping my stock mirrors, anything above 65-70 so much vibration, wondering if going to end bar mirrors will solve that problem, but if do not sure if I go for the Rizoma Spy or Rizoma Retro, anyone have experience with these and can offer some insight ??
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old May 20th, 2019, 09:27 AM   #2
Court Jester

No ducatis in the registry

 
Tchase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Buckley, WA, USA
Posts: 11,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiffel View Post
Considering swapping my stock mirrors, anything above 65-70 so much vibration, wondering if going to end bar mirrors will solve that problem, but if do not sure if I go for the Rizoma Spy or Rizoma Retro, anyone have experience with these and can offer some insight ??
Yes bar end mirrors will solve your problem with the vibrations. The only down side is you have to make a look down to see the mirrors. It's not horrible but takes getting use to.

I prefer the CRG
https://www.bellissimoto.com/parts/m...r-end-mirror-1
__________________
"What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also."
Julius Caesar
Tchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 09:30 AM   #3
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchase View Post
Yes bar end mirrors will solve your problem with the vibrations. The only down side is you have to make a look down to see the mirrors. It's not horrible but takes getting use to.

I prefer the CRG
https://www.bellissimoto.com/parts/m...r-end-mirror-1
I like the idea that the mirror itself is replaceable should it need to be and not have to buy the whole thing !!
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 09:51 AM   #4
Court Jester

No ducatis in the registry

 
Tchase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Buckley, WA, USA
Posts: 11,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiffel View Post
I like the idea that the mirror itself is replaceable should it need to be and not have to buy the whole thing !!
Shop around you can find better prices, also there are a few options out there for the bar ends like Rhino..

https://www.rhinomoto.com/shop/
__________________
"What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also."
Julius Caesar
Tchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 03:53 AM   #5
Member

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 821]

 
Neils400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Birmingham, England
Posts: 224
The Rizoma Spy R are incredibly well made and are amazing. You can mount them in lots of different ways - sticking up, down or straight out. They have no vibrations either. look lovey in black with the little red ring!

They're just expensive but after trying the knock off Chinese mirrors you definitely get what you pay for.

I have mine forwards and upwards (if that makes sense) as I commute a lot on my monster. So I can't afford the additional width of having them sticking out.

Neil
__________________
Current bike: '15 Monster 821
Mods: R&G tail tidy
R&G LED indicators
Rizoma Spy R mirrors
Project SC Conic exhaust
Rizoma pegs
Evotech frame sliders
was: Rizoma MA015B bars
now: Renthal Superbike bars
Racing stoplocks
R&G fork and engine case sliders
Previous bikes:
'03 Suzuki GSXR600K2
'96 Honda RVF400
'00 Suzuki GSXR600Y
'96 Ducati Monster M900S
'88 Honda CBR400 Aero
Neils400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 06:41 PM   #6
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neils400 View Post
The Rizoma Spy R are incredibly well made and are amazing. You can mount them in lots of different ways - sticking up, down or straight out. They have no vibrations either. look lovey in black with the little red ring!

They're just expensive but after trying the knock off Chinese mirrors you definitely get what you pay for.

I have mine forwards and upwards (if that makes sense) as I commute a lot on my monster. So I can't afford the additional width of having them sticking out.

Neil
what size did you go for ?
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 09:04 PM   #7
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
PaulM821's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Chapel Hill, NC USA
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiffel View Post
...but if do not sure if I go for the Rizoma Spy or Rizoma Retro, anyone have experience with these...
I put bar end mirrors on my 821, not so much due to vibration but to see more than just my elbows.

After settling on Rizoma, I went back and forth between the Spy or Retro. In the end, I went with the Retros. I really like the look of the bar end mirrors and it did take a little while to train my eyes where to look.

The only thing that surprised me about the Retros was how small they actually are. It was difficult to tell in photos. That being said, they still work great and even though they are relatively small compared to OEM, visibility is very good.

Paul
PaulM821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2019, 06:31 AM   #8
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM821 View Post
I put bar end mirrors on my 821, not so much due to vibration but to see more than just my elbows.

After settling on Rizoma, I went back and forth between the Spy or Retro. In the end, I went with the Retros. I really like the look of the bar end mirrors and it did take a little while to train my eyes where to look.

The only thing that surprised me about the Retros was how small they actually are. It was difficult to tell in photos. That being said, they still work great and even though they are relatively small compared to OEM, visibility is very good.

Paul
Trying to find someone local so I can see them in person !!
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2019, 04:50 PM   #9
Junior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
I had the CRG bar end mirrors on my Monster and hated them. I've got the Rizoma Dynamic Bs080b mirrors now and they're great.
travis62r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 02:43 AM   #10
Member

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 821]

 
Neils400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Birmingham, England
Posts: 224
I put the smallest size on - which did the job perfectly.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Current bike: '15 Monster 821
Mods: R&G tail tidy
R&G LED indicators
Rizoma Spy R mirrors
Project SC Conic exhaust
Rizoma pegs
Evotech frame sliders
was: Rizoma MA015B bars
now: Renthal Superbike bars
Racing stoplocks
R&G fork and engine case sliders
Previous bikes:
'03 Suzuki GSXR600K2
'96 Honda RVF400
'00 Suzuki GSXR600Y
'96 Ducati Monster M900S
'88 Honda CBR400 Aero
Neils400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 05:36 AM   #11
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neils400 View Post
I put the smallest size on - which did the job perfectly.
looking sharp, going to pickup the 80mm, found someone local !! thanks !
Neils400 likes this.
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 02:42 AM   #12
Member

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 1200]

 
DarR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 136
I installed the Rizoma-Spirit-Mirrors. No regrets
https://www.carpimoto.it/en-SI/40146...rit-Mirror.htm
__________________
2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak ------ 2016 Monster 1200 R
2016 Panigale 959 (gone but not forgotten)
DarR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 08:24 PM   #13
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 80
thanks guys, picked up the Spy R 80mm, can't believe the difference compared to the stock ones, should have done this sooner !!
Neils400 likes this.
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE: Driven d-axis bar end mirrors and crg adapters tomcrane Parts 5 August 15th, 2015 11:11 PM
Retrofitting mirrors from other Monsters? metroplex Monster 3 April 12th, 2011 07:10 PM
Rizoma Mirrors XRADARX Ducati Discussion 3 November 21st, 2009 11:37 AM
My review on the DP mirrors. 604Ducati 1098/1198 12 March 20th, 2008 07:44 PM
Mirrors - Paint to match or just leave em? DucatiGuy 1098/1198 26 May 10th, 2007 10:42 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.