Added a TAPP what a pin in the arse... - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Ducati Monster Forums > Ducati Monster 1200

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Toiffel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2019, 11:16 AM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Added a TAPP what a pin in the arse...

Was bored Sunday and decided to tackle a small project, and add a TAPP lead to charge my phone, yes I could have gone with an extension from the USB underneath the seat, and then decided against it, everything went smooth until I realized that it was going to be impossible to have both fuse boxes (battery tender and tapp) inside the battery box, next hurdle was trying to fit 3 leads plus main terminal to the positive post, tried and tried and it would not grab that freaking nut to be able to secure it, after some fine words with the bike was able to get everything sorted out and working...
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old June 10th, 2019, 12:10 PM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 821]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiffel View Post
Was bored Sunday and decided to tackle a small project, and add a TAPP lead to charge my phone, yes I could have gone with an extension from the USB underneath the seat, and then decided against it, everything went smooth until I realized that it was going to be impossible to have both fuse boxes (battery tender and tapp) inside the battery box, next hurdle was trying to fit 3 leads plus main terminal to the positive post, tried and tried and it would not grab that freaking nut to be able to secure it, after some fine words with the bike was able to get everything sorted out and working...
Probably really going to bother you knowing there's a 12volt accessory plug on the left side just under the tank...just need a terminal...have my heated grips wired to it

Buhgaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2019, 02:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhgaboo View Post
Probably really going to bother you knowing there's a 12volt accessory plug on the left side just under the tank...just need a terminal...have my heated grips wired to it

DAMNIT !!!
Buhgaboo likes this.
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2019, 06:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhgaboo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiffel View Post
Was bored Sunday and decided to tackle a small project, and add a TAPP lead to charge my phone, yes I could have gone with an extension from the USB underneath the seat, and then decided against it, everything went smooth until I realized that it was going to be impossible to have both fuse boxes (battery tender and tapp) inside the battery box, next hurdle was trying to fit 3 leads plus main terminal to the positive post, tried and tried and it would not grab that freaking nut to be able to secure it, [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.ducati.org/forums/images/smilies/blind.gif[/IMG] after some fine words with the bike was able to get everything sorted out and working...

Can you please describe the numbers and what it means as I may use this in the future. Or link to dock by chance? TIA
Mods: Marchesini Wheels Forged Aluminium Race, Ohlins SD, Full Termignoni Exhaust Carbon, Ducati Performance Front Fairing, Billet Mirrors, Billet Water Pump Cover, Billet Frame Plugs, Brake and Clutch Lever, Passenger Grab Handles, Tank Pad.

Carbon Fibre engine cover, clutch cover, belt guards, swingarm, front/rear mudguard, heat guard, instrument cover, ignition guard, Oil cooler guards, Sprocket cover.

Add ons- ECU tune, Progrip 717 Grips, Techmate Battery USB, Gear shift cover
Kidnplay01 is offline   Reply With Quote