Monster 821 2018 Exhaust - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Ducati Monster Forums > Ducati Monster 821

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By PaulM821
  • 2 Post By BlackBeard
  • 1 Post By omgwtfxu
  • 1 Post By Motosonic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2018, 02:40 AM   #1

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 821]

Monster 821 2018 Exhaust

Hello everyone,
I would like to choose an exhaust for my Monster, but I could find only some alternatives. Please help me to decide:
Termignoni Slip-on - 1100€
SC-Project Twin GP70-R or Twin CR-T - 1040€
SC-Project SCR1 - 740€
Arrow - 710€

As you can see everything is quite expensive because of the new model... I really like the Competition Werkes GP (450€?), but it needs some welding to fit. Would the modification alter the sound?

What is your recommendation? Is it worth any slip-on 1100€ (I don't think so, even if the double pipes are beautiful), or wait a year for the prices to fall? Will the prices fall at all? Do you know any other exhaust? How risky is to modify the CW exhaust to fit? Of course I would made it with a professional, not by myself.

Thanks!
BlackBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old April 15th, 2018, 09:06 PM   #2

No ducatis in the registry

Hi BlackBeard,

I recently had the Termignoni slip-on installed on my 2015 Monster 821 and I absolutely love both the look of the double pipes and the sound they make without the dB killers.

Are they worth the money? Maybe not to an accountant.

But when I roll on the throttle and when I look back at my bike in the garage, I'm saying Yes! Brings a smile to my face every time...

Paul
omega man likes this.
PaulM821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 02:07 AM   #3

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 821]

Accountant here. lol.

I went for the SC project conic. It's well made and fits the bike well. Also comes with a removable baffle. Not that you'll fit it.

The SC project doesn't come with a chip like the Termis - but then I've been riding around for a year and a half without any issues.

The remapping key is why you pay more...

Neil
Rizoma Spy R mirrors
Project SC Conic exhaust
Rizoma pegs
Evotech frame sliders
was: Rizoma MA015B bars
now: Renthal Superbike bars
Racing stoplocks
R&G fork and engine case sliders
Previous bikes:
'03 Suzuki GSXR600K2
'96 Honda RVF400
'00 Suzuki GSXR600Y
'96 Ducati Monster M900S
'88 Honda CBR400 Aero

Last edited by Neils400; April 16th, 2018 at 02:25 AM.
Neils400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2018, 05:12 AM   #4

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 821]

Sorry, the Termignoni costs 1570 for the 2018 model. It is just too much. Considering that I only work for ~2 years, the money is better spent elsewhere. I will ask the service about the possibility to fit the exhaust from the older models. I think I will try to install the CW exhaust, even if some drilling or welding is needed. I attach 2 pictures and you can see what I am talking about. If I succeed, then I will post the result here, since this may be a useful knowledge for every rider.
Attached Images

Old April 30th, 2018, 12:57 PM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 821]

Good news, the Competition Werkes GP fits perfectly to the Monster 2018. No drill, no welding, just 2 screw. The original exhaust sounds like a grumpy fart (not bad for a stock), but the CW is like a rock band in hell. I decided to use the baffle.
omgwtfxu and justinf like this.
Old May 9th, 2018, 09:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeard View Post
Good news, the Competition Werkes GP fits perfectly to the Monster 2018. No drill, no welding, just 2 screw. The original exhaust sounds like a grumpy fart (not bad for a stock), but the CW is like a rock band in hell. I decided to use the baffle.
Do you know if this is the case for older 821s? I have a 2016 and would love to try this model if it's a direct fit.
justinf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2018, 01:07 AM   #7

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 821]

Hello,
yes the CW fits the older 821 model, too. Many rider use it. My problem was whether it fits the new model with the new exhaust system. The CW was developed for the Monster 1200 2014-16, but it seems to fit also for the Monster 1200 (non R) 2017-, Monster 821 2014-2017, and Monster 821 2018-.
I think this is the case for all of the smaller slip-ons, which doesn't have the upper capture point next to the passenger pegs. That screw is now in a different position.
Old May 14th, 2018, 05:03 PM   #8

Thanks. I just got mine and installed it today. The sound!! Like hounds from hell and I love it. No baffle for me yet.
justinf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2018, 07:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinf View Post
Thanks. I just got mine and installed it today. The sound!! Like hounds from hell and I love it. No baffle for me yet.

Let the rev bombs begin lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
justinf likes this.
omgwtfxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2018, 06:56 AM   #10

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 821]

Consider GPR. They're much more affordable and sound amazing. I put one on my 2015 M821. I went with the Titanium Black. Love it

Ducati GPR Exhaust System
Attached Images

omega man likes this.

Last edited by Motosonic; May 15th, 2018 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Added Picture
Motosonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2018, 09:27 AM   #11

Weird, why would CW reply that they are getting the 2018 exhaust out, when the old one just fits. Atleast thats what they mentioned on facebook, when someone asked about it.

Im really considering the SC projects race exhausts, but currently the CW is ahead, because theres an insert for it and its cheaper, altho its only available in america, which makes me pay about 175$ of customs on it, otherwise it would be a no brainer for me.

Last edited by Hate; May 18th, 2018 at 10:03 AM.
Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2018, 10:51 AM   #12

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 821]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate View Post
Weird, why would CW reply that they are getting the 2018 exhaust out, when the old one just fits. Atleast thats what they mentioned on facebook, when someone asked about it.

Im really considering the SC projects race exhausts, but currently the CW is ahead, because theres an insert for it and its cheaper, altho its only available in america, which makes me pay about 175$ of customs on it, otherwise it would be a no brainer for me.
Not sure how it compares, but for what it's worth I just got a carbon LeoVince exhaust on eBay (brand new) for $370 shipped to the US from the UK.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
brhiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018 , 821 , exhaust