Throttle return spring problem - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Ducati Monster Forums > Ducati Monster 821

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Buhgaboo
  • 1 Post By JMG893
  • 2 Post By RichM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2020, 03:52 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Throttle return spring problem

So I'm trying to install Rizoma bars on my 821. I get everything removed off the old bars and them out, swapped the clamp for the Rizoma clamp, went to start putting the throttle side of things back, and I have this circular spring that does not want to fit properly back into it's space within the accelerator position sensor, with the proper tension on it so the external housing can be bolted back together. Crazy frustrating. Anyone dealt with this?

'15 M821
'06 GSXR750
JMG893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old January 10th, 2020, 04:36 PM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 821]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG893 View Post
So I'm trying to install Rizoma bars on my 821. I get everything removed off the old bars and them out, swapped the clamp for the Rizoma clamp, went to start putting the throttle side of things back, and I have this circular spring that does not want to fit properly back into it's space within the accelerator position sensor, with the proper tension on it so the external housing can be bolted back together. Crazy frustrating. Anyone dealt with this?
It's a proper PITA trying to do this while on the bars...strongly recommend taking it off...fitting it together...sliding it back on...my strategy was To assemble it...then jam the spring with a stick into position...another way was to put it all in place and you kinda rotate the throttle into it's resting position...it's a bugger either way
Svensken and nicedart like this.
Buhgaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2020, 06:04 PM   #3

Thanks so much @buhgaboo for the quick reply. I was going nutz!!
Buhgaboo likes this.

'15 M821
'06 GSXR750
JMG893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2020, 06:08 PM   #4

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

I don't own a Monster but just wanted to say that this is the kind of information that is really helpful on a forum. Real usable solid repair tips!!
Previous:
'96 YZF1000R
'89 EX500
Svensken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2020, 07:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG893 View Post
I used a piece of dental floss looped around the end of the spring, pulled on the floss untill the spring seated in the correct position. Then pulled the floss through, used this method several times and made the job easy. Spring looks nice and clean too lol
Buhgaboo and Plocky like this.
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote