Ducati.org forum banner

Ducati Riders

18K views 85 replies 10 participants last post by  PA_Commons 
#1 · (Edited)
. . . .

#2 ·
Aloha

We are looking for ALL Oahu Ducati riders for a weekly meet. Our goal is to build the Ducati community and establish some genuine relationships. Anyone interested?
A lot of us already meet on Sundays at the Starbucks on Ward. I have stopped going lately, because the riding style is a little less spirited then I enjoy. I like about 4-5 riders max. Anymore and shit tends to happen. :(

#9 ·
Odd that we have never crossed paths. That's the number I like too. I don't mind spirited, in fact my regular group runs just a tad slow for me but it's guys I know too, so I don't mind all that much. I don't go for stupid fast in the wrong places so take that for what it's worth but I wouldn't be far behind either. I can't and won't argue against good group chemistry. If it works then it's great.

#6 ·
We'll definitely get at you shortly. Also, we're interested in hearing about your upgrade. Perhaps we'll save that for the ride.

#15 · (Edited)
We will for sure get at you all soon. Perhaps we'll plan for something on a Sunday in the weeks to come. That'll give everyone time to take care of things - suspension, healing, etc. It'll also give us the opportunity to finish up our 1199.

#19 ·
Still stuck in Korea... havent rode in a year now! cant wait to get home in September, have to hook up with you guys when u ride one of these times.

#24 ·
So.... September is here. How's everyone doing?
Still waiting on my parts.

Plus, my girl had an unexpected fall. She is good, and the bike back together (minus the carbon tail, which is being repaired by a local surfboad shaper)

It just technically needs paint...and a tail.

I am SOOO jonesin to ride!!!

#26 ·
We're definitely ready to ride. Apologies for not getting at everyone sooner. We've had a bunch of jobs to take care of. What does 9/23 look like for everyone?

#32 ·
Glad to hear! Any preference on route?
I have that taken care of.

Having lived here for around 5 years, I have taken nearly every decent road on this island.

Now we just need to figure out a meeting spot.

I vote for Pali/Vineyard Safeway, South Seas, or NEX.

Safeway is closest to the best route.

#33 ·
Route I'm thinking:

Pali north, 13 Turns, Norfolk, 13 Turns reverse, Likelike townbound, H1 to Hickam (I like to take the turns and then turn around at the gate) (We may skip this), then H2 north, Pineapple Rd., Snake road, east coast.

That should be nice long ride, with plenty of high speed twisties. :yo:

I hope everyone going are "spirited" riders...

#40 ·
Well this blows.

I thought I was gonna be ready for this weekend, but now I'm waiting on a race removal tool :(. I REALLY hope it makes it in time. It really sucks having all my parts now, but STILL not being able to put my bike back together.

#43 ·
We can always reschedule. Maybe shoot for 2 weeks out - 10/7. That'll give everyone time to get things together. We've got a lot of work to do anyway. Keep us posted on what comes up.

#44 ·
No need to cancel on my behalf. I did 3-5 day shipping, so hopefully I will still make it, but if I don't you guys can still go and I will catch the next one.

I'm the only one that is iffy, I believe everyone else is still on.

EVERYONE SHOOT ME A PM WITH YOUR NUMBERS (if I don't have it already), so I can set up a group text list for future rides.

#45 ·
I assume that you are installing tapered bearings in the steering neck? If the 1198 is anything like the other Ducs I've worked on, a long punch or drift and hammer should work to knock out the old races. Then bench grind the outer edge of the old race to make an installer tool for the new race. At first blush it might sound crude but it works like a champ. If you've already bought a tool(s) then might as well wait and use them. Up to you but if nothing is here by Sat. and you want to get things going let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.