2018 Hypermotard 939 SP - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Other Models > Hypermotard 939

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2018, 07:30 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

2018 Hypermotard 939 SP

I purchased a 2018 Ducati Hypermotard 939 Sp. I recently brought it in for it's 600 mile Break-in Service. They called me and said to come in. They showed me a picture of the magnet on the drain plug with quite a bit of metal shavings on it. It also had really small pieces as well. The picture made it look worse than what it was. They showed me the pieces in a small container. I have seen in other forums they say it is normal transmission wear on a new bike. Has anyone encountered this? The Service Department is holding my bike and waiting on a response from Ducati. It is obviously under warranty but should I be concerned? Thanks in advance!
Adventure Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old October 19th, 2018, 07:29 AM   #2

No ducatis in the registry

Any updates on your issue? On my dirt bike I had the same issue but seemed to just get less every time I changed the oil. Now I don't see any shavings at all. My guess, is that it is normal to a certain extent .

Last edited by jbequer; October 19th, 2018 at 07:35 AM.
jbequer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
600 mile , break in service , magnetic drain plug