Trump??? - Page 647 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > The Lounge > Kitchen Sink

Like Tree5695Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2019, 06:20 AM   #9691

No ducatis in the registry

Romney is a twat waffle
Tchase likes this.
Old April 20th, 2019, 07:35 AM   #9692

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster S4 R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajiHunter View Post
Romney is a twat waffle
But is he a blue twat waffle? Does he come with gravy and turkey? Perhaps fruit and whipped cream? I'm gonna go with IHOP special.....just nuts!

I'm hungry....
Tchase likes this.
Old April 20th, 2019, 09:14 AM   #9693
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgbearpaws1 View Post
Sad to say, but it was probably the best that's come out of any politician of late.

I hate to side with Mueller....It just makes me cringe. My take from reading whats available is Trump may have,(obviously) wanted to collude, but it didn't happen, he may also have wanted to,(obvious again) to corrupt the DOJ and Mueller findings, and that didn't happen due to others intervening. Technically clear, but throws flags all over the frickin place. There can be no such thing as keeping a close enough eye on everything he does from here on out.

I'm sure in our history other POTUS's have done the same or worse and people covered it up or they just got away with it, different times. It's not right. No two ways about it.
Yes. He, and his idiot kids, definitely wanted to collude. In fact, Mueller says that the only reason he didn't indict the kids is that they were obviously too stupid to understand that they were breaking the law. Damned fine excuse, that one. Now the problem is that all those staffers that intervened to prevent the corruption of the investigation are fired or have quit, leaving only those acting cabinet members that suckle his mushroom (like Barr) that are willing to do his bidding without question. The President shouldn't need a goddamn babysitter. This one needs even more.
WERA689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2019, 09:28 AM   #9694
Administrator

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-e...MNrIaqvh8lBvQw

And this spells out why and where it all goes wrong for the duration of our nation.
Old April 20th, 2019, 09:33 AM   #9695
Court Jester

Imagine...
Trump orders the military to arrest and detain all off congress.

Imagine the military refusing to do it.

No harm no foul... impeachable?
WERA689 likes this.
Old April 20th, 2019, 09:34 AM   #9696
Court Jester

Quote:
Romney is a twat waffle
Iíd take him over trump and day..
WERA689 likes this.
Old April 21st, 2019, 05:26 AM   #9697

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster S4 R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchase View Post
Imagine...
Trump orders the military to arrest and detain all off congress.

Imagine the military refusing to do it.

No harm no foul... impeachable?
Extreme difference there. That would be considered a coup.
Old April 21st, 2019, 07:23 AM   #9698
Court Jester

Quote:
Extreme difference there. That would be considered a coup.
Not if he is already in power and nobody commits the coup. That is the GOPs position on the report.
WERA689 likes this.
Old April 21st, 2019, 09:40 AM   #9699

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster S4 R]

According to the Mueller report, it even lays out events and the who said whats. Directly states that much was speculation to actual motive. Even the attempts by Nadler D-NY had to concede that while attempting to get a subpoena to see the unredacted version. Can we all add 2+2 and get it, well yeah, but proving it would be a real mess. Not that we don't have a big enough mess as it is. Attempting to oust an entire branch of govt. that is constitutionally protected with military force, even if stopped by the military, is an actual attempt to overthrow. Treason.

What could be seen as a simple act of stupidity vs an actual attempt is the messy part. A whole lotta grey fuzzy area that I'm sure will be argued for a long time to come.
Old April 21st, 2019, 12:08 PM   #9700
Court Jester

Quote:
According to the Mueller report, it even lays out events and the who said whats. Directly states that much was speculation to actual motive. Even the attempts by Nadler D-NY had to concede that while attempting to get a subpoena to see the unredacted version. Can we all add 2+2 and get it, well yeah, but proving it would be a real mess. Not that we don't have a big enough mess as it is. Attempting to oust an entire branch of govt. that is constitutionally protected with military force, even if stopped by the military, is an actual attempt to overthrow. Treason.

What could be seen as a simple act of stupidity vs an actual attempt is the messy part. A whole lotta grey fuzzy area that I'm sure will be argued for a long time to come.
Iím not done reading the report, Iíve seen enough so far that I lines up with the Sunday shows...

Looks like the dems will move forward with impeachment. It will only be for ďdoing the right thingĒ as itís obvious the GOP is not reading the report, instead taking Bars summaries so down the line they can claim ignorance.
WERA689 likes this.
Old April 21st, 2019, 01:04 PM   #9701
Administrator

Quote:
Iím not done reading the report, Iíve seen enough so far that I lines up with the Sunday shows...

Looks like the dems will move forward with impeachment. It will only be for ďdoing the right thingĒ as itís obvious the GOP is not reading the report, instead taking Bars summaries so down the line they can claim ignorance.
I think "doing the right thing" is absolutely essential right now. I fear that sending the message that "we can't do this because McConnell and the Senate" is the wrong message to send to America. Not to mention the beginning of the end of rule of law in our country. Winning the President's ouster isn't the expected outcome thanks to the 'party over country' hacks; but there MUST be consequences for the actions reported in the Mueller report. Besides, a bunch of Repubs voted to impeach Clinton for alleged witness tampering....there's much more evidence of that here than there was then. Hell, Manafort (was it Manafort or Cohen....hard to keep track of all the guilty pleas any more) even plead guilty to it!

Some say impeachment will energize Trump's base. I say they can't read, but they do watch reality shows. Maybe the hearings will open some heavily MAGA-biased eyes. Maybe not. But the attempt MUST be made. Sorry, Ms Pelosi, but pragmatism has no role in the rule of law.
Old April 21st, 2019, 01:29 PM   #9702
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
I think "doing the right thing" is absolutely essential right now. I fear that sending the message that "we can't do this because McConnell and the Senate" is the wrong message to send to America. Not to mention the beginning of the end of rule of law in our country. Winning the President's ouster isn't the expected outcome thanks to the 'party over country' hacks; but there MUST be consequences for the actions reported in the Mueller report. Besides, a bunch of Repubs voted to impeach Clinton for alleged witness tampering....there's much more evidence of that here than there was then. Hell, Manafort (was it Manafort or Cohen....hard to keep track of all the guilty pleas any more) even plead guilty to it!

Some say impeachment will energize Trump's base. I say they can't read, but they do watch reality shows. Maybe the hearings will open some heavily MAGA-biased eyes. Maybe not. But the attempt MUST be made. Sorry, Ms Pelosi, but pragmatism has no role in the rule of law.
His base will be energized regardless... people need to do the right thing regardless of the consequences.
WERA689 likes this.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 05:04 AM   #9703

Quote:
Iíd take him over trump and day..

no way. guy has no balls
Old April 22nd, 2019, 10:51 PM   #9704
Administrator

Quote:
no way. guy has no balls
Translation: "not a guy with an excuse to do insane shit and get cheered for it". Got it.
Old April 23rd, 2019, 12:56 AM   #9705
Court Jester

I thought the criminals were over running our borders? I guess they are the ones enforcing it?
Attached Images

WERA689 likes this.