Trump??? - Page 660 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > The Lounge > Kitchen Sink

Like Tree5431Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2019, 01:34 PM   #9886
Court Jester

No ducatis in the registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgbearpaws1 View Post
Too dismiss or belittle. You may not agree with someones beliefs, but 90% of the worlds population has beliefs. Right or wrong is not the question. It's statements just like what you made that for those in the ME with lets say behavior issues, would take enough offence to commit all manner of atrocities.

The strain on theology in the ME is disheartening. Sadly, that's pretty much what all of it is about. Sorry if I threw you under the bus to make that example, but even the simplest of things mean much to some. Depending on that number and their sense of humor or equal dismissal. Very fine lines for some.

100 % of the world has "beliefs" and it is certainly not even close to 90% being christian.

Data taken from Wik in pick. Now the world population is suppose to be around 7.7.

As with all numbers the devil is in the details.. When you said 90% I'm sure you were thinking "Western". Even then many Christian beliefs do not align with each other..

And I disagree right and wrong does make a difference when those "beliefs" drive policies.

I'm not a hater of religion in fact I try to save the word hate as a last option so it actually means something to me.

How am I dismissing or belittling? When I state a simple fact not a belief. Jesus was a human that lived on this earth and was killed on a cross like many others. Now people fight over sand because he died there? Are those not the facts? Do I have to "believe" he was some sort of god or I'm a hater?

Yes I have strong "beliefs" about religion and I can guarantee you I hold back on my "opinions".

Personally the sooner we stop worrying about an after life the sooner we can enjoy the only one we have.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes..

I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But as much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking.
― Carl Sagan,
Attached Images

Last edited by Tchase; May 10th, 2019 at 01:37 PM.
Tchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old May 10th, 2019, 01:36 PM   #9887

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgbearpaws1 View Post
I don't tow like I used too, little reason for a diesel these days. Just got a 150 with the yote'...snappy little thing! Flex-fuel is about a buck a gallon cheaper and it gets close to 30mpg on the highway....then I get off the highway and crush the pedal and cut that mpg to 25%....

and my oil changes are cheaper!

the biggest issue i have with 1/2 ton trucks is their stopping ability. Once you start pushing 6-8k lbs of towing, stopping becomes and issue and you chew brakes like crazy. just hauling my utv from indiana drove me nuts in a 1/2 ton. constantly screaming going up hills and stopping sucked.

biggest problem i have with diesel's is they are choked by the def crap. there's a cure for that, not that i have any idea what that is

the exhaust brake, bigger brakes and being able to haul 12k lbs at 70mph under 2k rpm's is amazing. just cruising along and the truck could care less. i get ~16 empty, ~12ish while towing but my truck is far from stock
Old May 14th, 2019, 03:42 PM   #9888
Administrator

So now Barr has the AG of Connecticut heading an investigation into the beginnings of the Mueller investigation. Investigating the investigators.

First, why didn't Obama pull this shit while Hillary was facing 11 hours of intense, angry questioning?

More than that, though, why does this POS think he's doing anyone but himself a service by attempting to debunk every tenet of the Constitution---of co-equal branches of government; of the responsibilities of oversight granted by that document; by impugning the dignity and integrity of basically our entire judicial system???

The steam escaping my ears suggests I've blown a head gasket.
WERA689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2019, 04:46 PM   #9889
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
So now Barr has the AG of Connecticut heading an investigation into the beginnings of the Mueller investigation. Investigating the investigators.

First, why didn't Obama pull this shit while Hillary was facing 11 hours of intense, angry questioning?

More than that, though, why does this POS think he's doing anyone but himself a service by attempting to debunk every tenet of the Constitution---of co-equal branches of government; of the responsibilities of oversight granted by that document; by impugning the dignity and integrity of basically our entire judicial system???

The steam escaping my ears suggests I've blown a head gasket.

Jail your opponents like any good dictatorship.
Old May 14th, 2019, 05:57 PM   #9890
Administrator

And fat shitler says he didn't ask for the investigation. Wait, asshole, what were all the times you screamed "investigate the investigators"? Dropping none-ly disguised "hints" all over the place? Of course your knee-pad wearing AG would figure out what you wanted. And even more of course...IT'S FUCKING WRONG!
Old May 15th, 2019, 08:31 AM   #9891
Court Jester

Quote:
And fat shitler says he didn't ask for the investigation. Wait, asshole, what were all the times you screamed "investigate the investigators"? Dropping none-ly disguised "hints" all over the place? Of course your knee-pad wearing AG would figure out what you wanted. And even more of course...IT'S FUCKING WRONG!
I get it, you still have to keep a perspective on all this that doesn't consume you..
Old May 15th, 2019, 08:32 AM   #9892
Court Jester

If you play chess you know what this move is all about...

"US State Department orders all non-emergency government staff to leave Iraq"
Old May 15th, 2019, 01:20 PM   #9893

A move based on more fake intelligence?
WERA689 and Tchase like this.
Old May 15th, 2019, 01:56 PM   #9894

We will have to wait for Eurovision to finish first.

If it happens, I just hope it's not a one-sided fight.
Alice Breil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 02:57 PM   #9895
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchase View Post
I get it, you still have to keep a perspective on all this that doesn't consume you..
Well, with today's argument, from the President's lawyers, that Congress' subpoena powers don't apply to the concept of 'checks and balances', but only to research for new or pending legislation....that's steps one and two of the fascist playbook. Not caring (or even trying to create 'perspective' where there is really only one) isn't really an option here.

Last edited by WERA689; May 15th, 2019 at 05:41 PM.
Old May 15th, 2019, 06:57 PM   #9896
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Bob View Post
https://www.newsweek.com/us-high-ale...NfwkHyIWLGlVKU
Old May 15th, 2019, 07:55 PM   #9897
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Bob View Post
Giving them way too much credit. Bolton isn’t even bothering with fake intel. He’s doing it the Trump way in your face. Effective because we are all shell shocked at how blatant.
WERA689 likes this.

Last edited by Tchase; May 15th, 2019 at 07:59 PM.
Tchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 07:56 PM   #9898
Court Jester

Quote:
Well, with today's argument, from the President's lawyers, that Congress' subpoena powers don't apply to the concept of 'checks and balances', but only to research for new or pending legislation....that's steps one and two of the fascist playbook. Not caring (or even trying to create 'perspective' where there is really only one) isn't really an option here.
Yes an cooler heads will prevail, take a page from MLK.
Old May 15th, 2019, 07:58 PM   #9899
Court Jester

I cant decide..

A. White privilege
B. Trump paying a debt
C. All of the above.
Attached Images

Old May 15th, 2019, 08:15 PM   #9900
Administrator