Trump??? - Page 705 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > The Lounge > Kitchen Sink

Like Tree5883Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2019, 02:40 PM   #10561
Court Jester

No ducatis in the registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgbearpaws1 View Post
At nearly 7 trillion total too.....but it worked.

Hindsight.....Just what did his stimulus plan actually do for the average schmuck? Other then ask them to go shopping? Cash for clunkers....get rid of your old and buy newer. Some rebates on appliances......Other then handing out massive amounts of money to corporations too big too fail, (AKA donors), where did those greenbacks actually go?

May have worked, may have, being the key as it's way too complicated to prove it did or didn't. The economy began to rebound under Obama's watch is about as far as can be said. It's still improved considerably more the past 3 years and growth is hanging in there. Capitalism is working. People are working , making babies, buying goods, living and dyeing. Guess when things go good we find other ways to complain that it isn't.

If the guys base is happy and spending, that in itself helps to improve the economy. A whole lotta facets to the economy....a whole lot of skew and twist to the interpretation of it as well.
Considering the mess he was given, and hell yes I did the cash for clunkers and purchased a brand new MAZDA :P

I'm not spending right now, sitting on 30k in cash just paid off the daughters students loands at 7% interest rate. Refiing the house to drop 1/2% pull the equity out to pay for the boys student loans.

But with the Obama comment, the point is what they do today doesn't effect us for years. We will be paying a price for the shit storm, many are paying for it now, all of us will pay for it down the line. Oh and how about that debt..
WERA689 likes this.
Remove Ads
Old August 29th, 2019, 05:34 AM   #10562

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster S4 R]

Yeah, that debt thing. Seems a "balanced" budget doesn't mean what it's supposed to mean. Debt climbed for Obama, just like everyone before and after. He surely didn't help it go down any. Some would say we will be paying for his oversights for years to come as well as Trumps.

Watched the CNN interview with the top economist...non party affiliate. He said the tariff bit is pretty much fluff and means absolutely nothing in the long term. To be honest, I've seen nothing change price wise that would reflect anything out of the ordinary for market fluctuation. A whole lot of people waving their hands in the air screaming it is, yet nothing happens. Long term might reflect a minor change but I doubt it would be noticeable over standard inflation year to year..

Funny how when I worked the trades, prices would fluctuate dramatically with the Asian market for copper goods and some plastics. Past 2 years they have been rock steady....with the tariff bickering's. Maybe some of you guys have seen some other effects? I thought at least my local Dollar Tree store would become the Dollar Ten Store.
Old August 29th, 2019, 05:45 AM   #10563

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster S4 R]

Do you miss the Mazda? The Ford is of course bigger but the Mazda's seem to hold up good in the Ranger/S-10 size market.
Old August 29th, 2019, 05:46 AM   #10564

FL and TX gained 550k residents from states like NY and CA last year.

Hmmmm, I wonder why.
Old August 29th, 2019, 01:35 PM   #10565

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster S4 R]

I can see that Haji.....I mean SWTF. Does anyone really want to be associated with the politicians from either of those states?....or celebrities?
Old August 29th, 2019, 08:09 PM   #10566

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajiHunter View Post
FL and TX gained 550k residents from states like NY and CA last year.

Hmmmm, I wonder why.
Maybe they want to see if they can get washed away by floods and hurricanes just to see if global warming is a crock or not. After all, you're administration doesn't believe in it.
WERA689 likes this.
Old August 29th, 2019, 09:02 PM   #10567

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster S4 R]

Like those storms are suddenly new? In the past, coast lines have been removed, long before "global warming" About a 150 years ago a cat 5 hit the coast off NY and removed 20 miles of beach and a few miles inland an entire community. Must have been a precursor to coal and industrialization, you know, getting warmed up? We can only hope some big storms can remove the blighters that flock to these places that they are leaving. No offense Haji.
Old August 30th, 2019, 04:58 AM   #10568

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster S4 R]

Never understood the thought process..live along a river = floods, eastern seaboard = hurricanes, western seaboard = drought, mudslides, wild fires, earthquakes, and last but not least, vulcanism. Like it's a new thing and someone is to blame? FFS. I think it's the complete lack of any thought processing. I suppose if I can complain about everything, others have the right to complain about the weather.

Wifes cousin has a beach front restaurant/bar in the keys. Roughly a foot above sea level. Sucker floods out at every decent storm and they whine about it. The blight is not the nature, it's the mentality.
Old August 30th, 2019, 06:05 AM   #10569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Bob View Post
Maybe they want to see if they can get washed away by floods and hurricanes just to see if global warming is a crock or not. After all, you're administration doesn't believe in it.

i cant say i fully believe global warming is true.
Old August 30th, 2019, 06:07 AM   #10570

Quote:
Like those storms are suddenly new? In the past, coast lines have been removed, long before "global warming" About a 150 years ago a cat 5 hit the coast off NY and removed 20 miles of beach and a few miles inland an entire community. Must have been a precursor to coal and industrialization, you know, getting warmed up? We can only hope some big storms can remove the blighters that flock to these places that they are leaving. No offense Haji.

climate happens. wonder what folks will say when the next ice age hits? global cooling?
Old August 30th, 2019, 06:29 AM   #10571

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster S4 R]

I'll go with...."Trumps fault" for 500! Sorry, "Orange Gringo's fault"

Thanx Haji, now I wanna go ice skating again! Took the girls bowling last week instead. The local rink was rented out.
Old August 30th, 2019, 07:22 AM   #10572
Court Jester

Quote:
Do you miss the Mazda? The Ford is of course bigger but the Mazda's seem to hold up good in the Ranger/S-10 size market.
It was a Mazda 3 for the wife, I have a shitty chevy truck, I'm looking at the Tundra
Old August 30th, 2019, 07:23 AM   #10573
Court Jester

Can this be real? State run news going rouge?

https://video.foxnews.com/v/60796780...#sp=show-clips
Old August 30th, 2019, 04:21 PM   #10574

best shot from my trackday. i tried to drag an elbow but its harder than it looks
Attached Images

WERA689 and Tchase like this.
Old August 30th, 2019, 09:12 PM   #10575

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster S4 R]

Well it's obvious you are doing it wrong! First off there is no pea gravel on that turn, secondly no wildlife prancing into your path!.....Not even a pesky drop-bear! Any one of those would help you with the arm drag and a combo could easily get you the entire body drag.

Lookin good Haji...have I told you lately I hate you? I think I told Wilks that before when he used to post pictures. I think it was on his birthday or something.