Ducati.org forum banner

One man's £50 million Ducati Collection

13K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Frosty 
#1 ·
Author Marc Potter Posted: 23 June 2014

Motorcycling heaven – inside one man’s multi million pound Ducati MotoGP collection

In a heavily secured workshop in rural Southern England is one man’s personal motorcycle collection that includes more MotoGP bikes and World Superbikes than the Ducati factory itself owns.

Rumoured to be worth in the region of £50,000,000, yes, fifty million pounds, sits everything from the first Ducati MotoGP bike ever built as a prototype in 2000, right up to Valentino Rossi’s Ducati MotoGP bikes. We were let in to the secret location for a quick look round, and still can’t quite believe what we saw.

read more here One man's £50 million Ducati Collection | Bike Social

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
It's Tony O'Neill. There are three big collectors in the UK who Ducati roll out the golden carpet for, one in Scotland and 2 down in Surrey / Sussex.

Tony is head and shoulders above anyone else though. Anyone here or in the world. His collection is better than Ducati's museum collection ( for race bikes ).

#6 ·
Sorry about that. Link is working fine here. Perhaps it's a device issue? There is some form of java picture gallery going on at the page that might misbehave on phones and tablets? Just guessing.

I can't reproduce the whole article as I know both the author and the Bennett's guys running the Bike Social site. The rule is you get to reproduce a couple of paragraphs with a link back to the article. And I'm a stickler for the rules ;)

Perhaps you can find it from the front page with the search function? ( it's in features )

Love biking, Love this - Bringing Bikers together I Bike Social

#18 ·
I'm not sure that if I financially could I would. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a bike for each category, but I don't think I'd want so many as to not be able to let them out of their cage every now and again.

It seems a cruel waste (though I'd love to have a tour of these fine collections) like locking a tiger up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.