2 Thumbs Up for Northern Ohio Ducati! - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Regional Areas - USA > Midwest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #1
fly

No ducatis in the registry

2 Thumbs Up for Northern Ohio Ducati!

After visiting the dealership in Akron, Ohio about a week ago, drove almost 3 hours and purchased a new 2011 Ducati 696 from Carl (owner) today.

For anyone in MI, OH, PA, or WV.. The dealership looks and feels like what a Ducati dealership should be!! Hats off to Carl Peshoff and his staff for making the Ducati buying experience a pleasurable one
Old August 31st, 2011, 12:37 PM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[848 EVO]

I'll 2nd that.

I did the deal over email and phone and picked it up. Carl is great to deal with and the whole crew works well together.

Not to metion, the whole feel inside is really cool, makes you feel like you're not at 'another' dealership and really an enthusiasts home!

Trying to play nicey-nice with my new Italian friend.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soz View Post
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
STOPPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #3

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Has anybody had their bike serviced there yet? I have two bikes that need their 7500 mile service.

Mary
Mary#17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 07:55 AM   #4

Can't speak for them (although I did speak with Carl on several occasions when I was looking to buy Multistrada 1200 and he seemed like a cool upfront guy), but I did have my bike serviced by Ohio Motorcycle (I-271 & I-480) and thought they did a good job.

FYI - by service I mean having all recalls performed.
2008 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 C2 (SOLD)
Cerberus83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Definitely an awesome dealership, I never had service work done there but willing to bet it's very good! I hauled my bike out to there once and chatted with Carl, very cool dude. They won't give you any run around there.
midnite1098s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #6

ducatis in the registry:
[Hypermotard 1100 S]

Stan and mike are great mechanics, I get all my service there, Kevin goes above and beyond. One of the best in the USA and I have been to many.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:18 PM   #7

ducatis in the registry:
[Streetfighter]

I highly recommend Northern Ohio Ducati... For purchases & service! Carl & his staff are in business for all the right reasons! Everyone there is passionate about the motorcycle experience!
StingRay73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:27 PM   #8

All the crew at northern ohio ducati are a top notch crew,always helpful,friendly,very knowledgable,and on the cutting edge of mods and upgrades.I wouldn't dare go anywhere else.Carl's the owner and he'll talk with you about bikes as long as you'll listen,very good dude.Stans the man as far as mechanics go,I'm very particular and I had him dyno and tune my 1098s,when I got it back,couldn't quit smiling.Kevin runs the parts and he also is very knowledgable and a nice guy.Dealership is beautiful!! And did I mention Carl's dad has a desmosedicci?
Gary Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:26 AM   #9

ducatis in the registry:
[848 EVO]

My experience turned a 180. Suffice it to say I went elsewhere after a few issues; bought my Termi's at the local competing dealer; and even their attention to detail and follow up sucks.

lose/lose.

Quote:
Old March 24th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOPPIE View Post
My experience turned a 180. Suffice it to say I went elsewhere after a few issues; bought my Termi's at the local competing dealer; and even their attention to detail and follow up sucks.

lose/lose.
Went from good to bad over exhaust?
2008 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 C2 (SOLD)

Last edited by Cerberus83; March 26th, 2013 at 07:14 AM.
Cerberus83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #11

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOPPIE View Post

lose/lose.

Can you elaborate some? What issues did you have? I had two Ducs serviced with them and they did a great job but sometimes stuff happens. Is this a one time thing or did something dramatic change (staffing, ownership, etc.) that you now feel all is lost?

Mary
Old March 26th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #12

ducatis in the registry:
[848 EVO]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary#17 View Post
Can you elaborate some? What issues did you have? I had two Ducs serviced with them and they did a great job but sometimes stuff happens. Is this a one time thing or did something dramatic change (staffing, ownership, etc.) that you now feel all is lost?

Mary
Everything was fine until after the 1st service. Went for a ride the weekend after, stopped at light- look down- saw lower fairing catching on my boot. Pulled over, bolt vibed out, and discovered that the side stand was vibrating / dragging against it. Emailed Carl, who turned it over to Kevin and was some what prompt getting back to me with a solution. Their solution? Repainting the lower fairing. I found that un-acceptable. It wouldn't fly for anyone with a new car, I doesn't fly with me and my Ducati. After sending me the required bolt, which I did appreciate- just another week after this, came back from a long ride. The heat shield vibrated off and wedged it's self between the frame and exhaust (thankfully). In addition the bike was leaking what appeared to be paint from the fuel tank -cap.

I fwd pictures to carl, and kevin responded again. They never heard of that issue. (I've posted pictures on this forum of it). Kevin did respond and at some point, I rode down to have them take care of it.

That fall the throttle stuck wide open for a brief moment and emailed about that..... this time slow(er) response. And my patience with this bike was already running thin.

Fast fwd to the following spring, I inquired about a slip on termi system. It took carl a week to respond. Wasn't feeling the love.

So while waiting for his anticipated response, I inquired at the other dealership. They set up an appointment for pick up and install.

Eventually I heard back from Carl- and by that time already had the heat shield bolted back in, and Termi's installed. (not that the other dealer did that correctly as they still need to balance the fuel injectors).

All in all it's been a fantastic experience. I like Carl, his father and Kevin did a great job following up with me. But frankly offering to paint a lower fairing after I've had the bike a short while and expected the bolts to be tightened properly - and subsequent follow up, didn't give me the warm and fuzzy.

Does that clarify?

Quote:
Old March 26th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #13

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

i have nothing but good experiences with them. I am actually kind of sad that i wont see them anymore because im moving.
Kawaiiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 06:13 AM   #14

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Fair enough. Thanks for the details.

Mary
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #15

ducatis in the registry:
[Hypermotard 1100 S]

Not hating on anyone here but bolts come loose and you should check for tightness regularly especially depending on how you ride. I had the first 1098s from Jeff previous owner, had 3500 in parts and service done before Daytona. When I arrived , bike wouldn't run unless rpm kept over 1500 . Did I get mad and raise hell, yes but it wasn't their fault, Ducati didn't even know what the problem was, that's why the ecu were reflashed 1098 EVO racing. Cut the small shops some slack. Only thing good about Ohio motorcycle is Mike the mechanic.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote