Hello from lovely Dayton, OH. - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Regional Areas - USA > Midwest

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Spanishcop
  • 1 Post By BudDaytonDuc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2014, 06:29 AM   #1

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 1100 EVO]

Hello from lovely Dayton, OH.

I got my first Ducati on November 8, 2014. It is a 2013 Monster EVO 20th Anniversary edition. Do to weather I've only gotten two rides on her both were around 130 miles. This is a bucket list item for me. I love the bike and I'm looking forward to posting on the forum.
I traded my 2006 Triumph SprintST for the Monster. I also have 2001 Triumph Bonneville. I bought new in March 2001. his bike got me back into motorcycling.
Attached Images

Remove Ads
Old December 27th, 2014, 06:30 AM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Welcome to the forum. And congrats on the Monster.

Are you familiar with Randy Newman's 'Sail Away' album - back in the early '70s? You're probably too young..

Quite a pleasant song about "It's a real nice way to spend a day, in Dayton Ohio, on a rainy Sunday afternoon, in 1903".

I too came to Ducati from a Triumph Bonneville, in 1974. Never looked back.
pat1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2015, 08:07 AM   #3

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 1100 EVO]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat1098 View Post
Welcome to the forum. And congrats on the Monster.

Are you familiar with Randy Newman's 'Sail Away' album - back in the early '70s? You're probably too young..

Quite a pleasant song about "It's a real nice way to spend a day, in Dayton Ohio, on a rainy Sunday afternoon, in 1903".

I too came to Ducati from a Triumph Bonneville, in 1974. Never looked back.
Sorry about not replying sooner. Thank you for the welcome. I sure do remember that album and song. I was in the music business for over 20 years and had just stated a job with NMC a music supplier for discount stores. Thanks again for the too young comment. I'm one of the older members on this site. I love the Monster and will be glad when the weather warms up and I can start to really lean how to ride this bike.
Old November 19th, 2016, 11:30 PM   #4

No ducatis in the registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudDaytonDuc View Post
I got my first Ducati on November 8, 2014. It is a 2013 Monster EVO 20th Anniversary edition. Do to weather I've only gotten two rides on her both were around 130 miles. This is a bucket list item for me. I love the bike and I'm looking forward to posting on the forum.
I traded my 2006 Triumph SprintST for the Monster. I also have 2001 Triumph Bonneville. I bought new in March 2001. his bike got me back into motorcycling.

Welcome to the forums BudDaytonDuc.... Snicker...Snicker....Snicker.

I found your post while browsing through the site.

Funny thing... Your picture at cowan lake... That was my first photoshoot location for my Panigale. I'm 10min away from there. You better give me a holler next time you ride in my neighborhood hehehe.

Looking forward to meeting up with ya sometime. Heck now that winter is coming (I think it's here sadly to say)... we need to go get a coffee sometime and have a chat. My fiance I think would enjoy joining in on the conversation. She plays guitar and piano and has a passion for music. I'll stick OT the bikes and cars .
BudDaytonDuc likes this.
Spanishcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2016, 06:37 AM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 1100 EVO]

I replied to your post about riders in Cinci. Coffee or lunch for sure. As I said pm me when you want to meet. Will let you know when I head that way. I ride that way often. Maybe the November Witch will give us some more riding days this year.
Spanishcop likes this.