Why my MTS 1200 Enduro accelerates slower than my 2011 MTS 1200 T? - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Other Models > MultiStrada 1200 Enduro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2019, 05:38 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Why my MTS 1200 Enduro accelerates slower than my 2011 MTS 1200 T?

Hello everyone. I'd like to know why my 2017 MTS enduro accelerates so much slower than my previous 2011 MTS model. Acceleration goes well on first and second gears, but on higher gears the acceleration curve is much slower and returns only at very high RPM.
I tried turning off DWC and DTC and it reacts almost the same way as if these controls were on. Even on Spot riding mode.
My previous model accelerated like a monster on any gear at RPMs higher than 5k.
Thanks for your help
atibyrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old July 8th, 2019, 06:36 PM   #2

Maybe the variable cam timing isn't working properly.
Old July 9th, 2019, 04:02 AM   #3

I assume you’re in Soort Mode? Have you removed the Cat? Disabled the stupid butterfly valve that creates the flat sport at 3,500rpm? I eventually put the full Termignoni system on with up map, and it became another machine all together!
TheNigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 04:01 PM   #4
W17

Hi think it's the nature of these new models . I just had a current model Multi for a week in Europe and found it exactly as you described it was not a beast like my previous model Multi .
I would never buy one based on my experience with it
Old July 15th, 2019, 05:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by atibyrica View Post
Hello everyone. I'd like to know why my 2017 MTS enduro accelerates so much slower than my previous 2011 MTS model. Acceleration goes well on first and second gears, but on higher gears the acceleration curve is much slower and returns only at very high RPM.

I tried turning off DWC and DTC and it reacts almost the same way as if these controls were on. Even on Spot riding mode.

My previous model accelerated like a monster on any gear at RPMs higher than 5k.

Thanks for your help

Yea I test drove the MTS Enduro and it felt like a softy. My 2014 GT is a beastly man thing on the rev bar. Hold on, no wheelie control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
medobson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2019, 10:09 AM   #6

Just joined the forum and saw this. The Enduro has different engine gearing and sprocket sizes; a deliberate move by Ducati to respond to off roaders who wanted even more low speed, low gear torque and a more manageable motor at low road speeds.
rickducati is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acceleration issues