18-19 Multistrada any major problems. Getting ready to pull trigger - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Other Models > Multistrada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2019, 07:29 AM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

18-19 Multistrada any major problems. Getting ready to pull trigger

I have a ‘12 with 32,000 miles. And love the bike. Looking to pull the trigger on ‘19. Any major problems with new electronics? Motors?? Haven’t been on forums in a few years. Any information would be great?
Dudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old July 25th, 2019, 11:33 AM   #2

the tires wear out really fast! my chicken strips didn't last. I already put almost 6k on in 9 months, something must be wrong with the ODO.

The windscreen does suck, I added the MRA X-screen as I did with my '13 or use a Pikes Peak style and take the wind and bugs in the face. The seat is really low, much closer to the ground than the pre-'15, even with the "high" spacers in place. The computer interface with your phone is pretty much crap and it will compete with a Sena for a bluetooth connection. I haven't really found anything worth the effort of pairing it to the bike.
Jbmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2019, 03:56 PM   #3

Thanks for the info
Dudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2019, 12:52 AM   #4

I went for a test ride on the 2019 Multistrada 950 S. Was surprised at vibration of the TFT display around 3000 rpm, like it was in a paint mixer at Home Depot. Loved everything else about the bike, except that it doesn't come with: 1. Heated grips, even though the switch gear includes a button for it. 2. Tire Pressure Monitors even though the TFT is designed to accommodate them. 3. Bluetooth module for the Ducati Link app, which allows you to answer phone calls, see who's texting, and control your music. There's been complaints about the Android app not connecting. 4. No fog lights, even though the switch gear includes a button for it. I can overlook all those things since they are optional, but not the vibration. It will annoy me every time I ride, as I spend a lot of time at 3000 RPM in the city. The vibration doesn't feel bad, just ruins the visual quality of the TFT.

Last edited by murr2k2; August 26th, 2019 at 12:55 AM.
murr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2019, 01:24 AM   #5

Multistrada 950 stain

Also noticed this stain on three Multistrada 950s that I looked at. No corresponding stains in the same place on the 1260s. Is simply excess chain lube, a leaky front sprocket seal, or what?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Vuomhpxb81x3wpFPA

Also heard people complain that the header pipes and underparts are not stainless steel, so they develop a harmless but unsightly rust coat.

You may even want to consider holding off until the 2020 model year, when Ducati is releasing the new Bosch ARAS system (Advanced Rider Assistance System) which includes radar to enable 1. Adaptive Cruise Control. 2. Forward collision avoidance. 3. Rear collision warning. 4. Blind-spot warning.
A Ducati Featuring Front and rear radar already in the pipeline for 2020
Bosch bringing radar based electronic driving aids to motorcycles

Last edited by murr2k2; August 26th, 2019 at 11:04 PM.
murr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote