Anynof your SQUIDS own one of these? - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > The Lounge > Other Marques

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jsgbearpaws1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2018, 11:29 AM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Anynof your SQUIDS own one of these?

*update: I got It!

Gonna hit up one of those "everything/souvenir" beach shops to get some new riding swag (aka flip flops, corona tank top, lady gaga sunglasses, some sweet plaid swim trunks and of course a upside-down and sideways neon visor for downforce)

tickled with it. only put 48 miles on It on the way home, all but about 8 were hard and fast country back roads.
it doesn't do anything special but it doesn't ask YOU to do anything special either, it rides itself. I haven't rode a jap bike since my 14 zx10r (about 183whp) and this thing is either much slower or is much more controllable. (dyno tests are showing USA bikes are 164whp)

One that that totally surprised me is the gearbox, its more like Ducati's where its wider ratio and wayyy lower first gear, first gear is useless on this. ex the zx10 did 161 indicated in 3rd, this doesn't even do 140 in 3rd. I much prefer this tho because my main complaint about the zx10 was it was so fast and uninvolving you'd ride in 3rd gear ALL DAY every situation.

very comfortable and handles way better than the 1098 (that im selling) can only imagine what the F3 will ride like shortly.
only complaint which I knew going into it, the front brake has a full 30mm of nothing before anything happens when hot. good pads rotors and calipers and the lines are fine so its likely gonna either get the rcs19 or something.
The clutch is the softest ive ever felt. its great, the f3 is sitting with the lever zip tied to the bar to try and soften the springs
Tank is wide and hard to hold on w legs w this acceleration
oh and the rs10 tires... not for me, will be replaced with SC1/SC2 DCS's when they come in.
going to NOT go crazy with it I promised myself, just
levers
stomp grip
seat cowl
flush front signals
block off plates for mirrors
homemade cabinet hinge fender eliminator
gp windscreen
rearsets
qd gas cap
QS & bipper
tune
full system
tires
master cylinder, lines & fluid
520 conversion w stock gearing will be fine

https://www.ducati.org/forums/parts/...ml#post1188065

Last edited by EsromRacing; May 15th, 2018 at 10:35 AM.
EsromRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old May 14th, 2018, 10:08 AM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[996]
[1098 S]

I used to have a 2006 GSXR1000

To day this still my favorite bike. That thing pulled so hard, always a treat to ride. Would still have it, but was stolen.

GSXR are great bikes and used to be easy to work on. Highly recommend.
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S

Past Flings
1994 Yamaha YZF750R
2003 Honda CBR954RR
2005 Honda CBR1000RR
2002 Honda CBR954RR
2006 Suzuki GSXR1000
2004 Kawasaki ZX10R
Shogill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2018, 10:35 AM   #3

I like it

Old May 18th, 2018, 08:06 PM   #4

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster S4 R]

Been awhile since I threw a leg over a GS model, but they were always smooth and pulled very well.

Good to see the shuttle boosters are being recycled for their exhaust though.....goin green!
EsromRacing and Tooch like this.
Old June 8th, 2018, 06:10 PM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[848 EVO]

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsromRacing View Post
*update: I got It!

Gonna hit up one of those "everything/souvenir" beach shops to get some new riding swag (aka flip flops, corona tank top, lady gaga sunglasses, some sweet plaid swim trunks and of course a upside-down and sideways neon visor for downforce)

tickled with it. only put 48 miles on It on the way home, all but about 8 were hard and fast country back roads.
it doesn't do anything special but it doesn't ask YOU to do anything special either, it rides itself. I haven't rode a jap bike since my 14 zx10r (about 183whp) and this thing is either much slower or is much more controllable. (dyno tests are showing USA bikes are 164whp)

One that that totally surprised me is the gearbox, its more like Ducati's where its wider ratio and wayyy lower first gear, first gear is useless on this. ex the zx10 did 161 indicated in 3rd, this doesn't even do 140 in 3rd. I much prefer this tho because my main complaint about the zx10 was it was so fast and uninvolving you'd ride in 3rd gear ALL DAY every situation.

very comfortable and handles way better than the 1098 (that im selling) can only imagine what the F3 will ride like shortly.
only complaint which I knew going into it, the front brake has a full 30mm of nothing before anything happens when hot. good pads rotors and calipers and the lines are fine so its likely gonna either get the rcs19 or something.
The clutch is the softest ive ever felt. its great, the f3 is sitting with the lever zip tied to the bar to try and soften the springs
Tank is wide and hard to hold on w legs w this acceleration
oh and the rs10 tires... not for me, will be replaced with SC1/SC2 DCS's when they come in.
going to NOT go crazy with it I promised myself, just
levers
stomp grip
seat cowl
flush front signals
block off plates for mirrors
homemade cabinet hinge fender eliminator
gp windscreen
rearsets
qd gas cap
QS & bipper
tune
full system
tires
master cylinder, lines & fluid
520 conversion w stock gearing will be fine

check out Brock's performance, they did a nice video series on you tube tuning this bike. With just a flash of the ECU that allowed you to have full throttle when you twist the full the bikes pick up 20+ hp, no tuning. The ECU barely gives you full throttle at anytime.
cbr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2018, 04:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6 View Post
check out Brock's performance, they did a nice video series on you tube tuning this bike. With just a flash of the ECU that allowed you to have full throttle when you twist the full the bikes pick up 20+ hp, no tuning. The ECU barely gives you full throttle at anytime.
Yup, he's making ike 204wheel on race gas, not going to do that as ill be happy w the 93 pump numbers! Haven't rode it since I bought it, did everything I wanted including full akra exhaust and putting it all back together now.