I'ts official.. - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Speed > Racing

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Tchase
  • 1 Post By cbr6
  • 1 Post By JohnR
  • 1 Post By Tchase
  • 1 Post By JohnR
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2019, 10:56 AM   #1
Court Jester

No ducatis in the registry

 
Tchase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Buckley, WA, USA
Posts: 11,115
I'ts official..

They couldn't wait for Lorenzo to leave
Attached Images
 
__________________
"What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also."
Julius Caesar
Tchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old November 18th, 2019, 12:05 PM   #2
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
HajiHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Western NY
Posts: 2,624
color me shocked!
__________________
Is this thing on?
HajiHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2019, 06:13 PM   #3
Senior Member

ducatis in the registry:
[848 EVO]

 
cbr6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: virginia
Posts: 824
Alex will be crushed on track like all the others by Marc.
cbr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2019, 06:16 PM   #4
Court Jester

No ducatis in the registry

 
Tchase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Buckley, WA, USA
Posts: 11,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6 View Post
Alex will be crushed on track like all the others by Marc.
A lot of folks are saying this.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say he’s going to be just like his brother. Mark hasn’t changed all that much, yes he is a better rider but still pulls dick moves all the time.

His brother has the same father, the same drive, the same head start, I think Alex will be successful over time and lots of crashes like his big brother.

We might even get a side benefit of sibling rivalry letting other riders take advantage.
JohnR likes this.
__________________
"What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also."
Julius Caesar
Tchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2019, 05:19 PM   #5
Senior Member

ducatis in the registry:
[848 EVO]

 
cbr6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: virginia
Posts: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchase View Post
A lot of folks are saying this.

Iím going to go out on a limb and say heís going to be just like his brother. Mark hasnít changed all that much, yes he is a better rider but still pulls dick moves all the time.

His brother has the same father, the same drive, the same head start, I think Alex will be successful over time and lots of crashes like his big brother.

We might even get a side benefit of sibling rivalry letting other riders take advantage.
The only way I think Alex becomes Moto GP champ is to not race against Marc. Fabio, Rins, & Maverick will be Marcs chief competition for at least the next 5 years. Honda was able to get DORNA to change the rules to allow Marc to come from Moto 2 to a factory ride. That was not allowed before Marc, you would have to go from Moto 2 to a satellite ride first. Alex will probably win races, but it won't be easy. He's not a Vale, Marc, Wayne, Wayne, (yes 2 Waynes) Mick, Kevin, Jorge. As long as Marc stays healthy he will stay dominant for at least the next five years, Rins and Suzuki will improve and be a threat, same with Fabio & Maverick with Yamaha. Ducati could really use Jorge to be partnered with Jack Miller on the factory squad. I think Franco Morbideli is one to watch. I think Marc will let Alex see his data and give him advice but at the end of the day Alex will still have to ride the bike on his own and I don't see Marc giving anyone a win.
JohnR likes this.
cbr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2019, 05:40 PM   #6
Court Jester

No ducatis in the registry

 
Tchase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Buckley, WA, USA
Posts: 11,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6 View Post
The only way I think Alex becomes Moto GP champ is to not race against Marc. Fabio, Rins, & Maverick will be Marcs chief competition for at least the next 5 years. Honda was able to get DORNA to change the rules to allow Marc to come from Moto 2 to a factory ride. That was not allowed before Marc, you would have to go from Moto 2 to a satellite ride first. Alex will probably win races, but it won't be easy. He's not a Vale, Marc, Wayne, Wayne, (yes 2 Waynes) Mick, Kevin, Jorge. As long as Marc stays healthy he will stay dominant for at least the next five years, Rins and Suzuki will improve and be a threat, same with Fabio & Maverick with Yamaha. Ducati could really use Jorge to be partnered with Jack Miller on the factory squad. I think Franco Morbideli is one to watch. I think Marc will let Alex see his data and give him advice but at the end of the day Alex will still have to ride the bike on his own and I don't see Marc giving anyone a win.
Family mind games is going to be a big factor.
__________________
"What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also."
Julius Caesar
Tchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2019, 07:50 PM   #7
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 344
I am not sure how the MotoGP season will play out this year but this thread gets 100% for the talking points raised!!! I am guessing Marc may have another winning season but the civil rivalry between he and his brother could be epic - in a good way....I am still a Rossi fan hoping Yamaha can find more power in the future....will see...

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Tchase likes this.
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2019, 08:01 PM   #8
Court Jester

No ducatis in the registry

 
Tchase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Buckley, WA, USA
Posts: 11,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I am not sure how the MotoGP season will play out this year but this thread gets 100% for the talking points raised!!! I am guessing Marc may have another winning season but the civil rivalry between he and his brother could be epic - in a good way....I am still a Rossi fan hoping Yamaha can find more power in the future....will see...

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Pretty much how I feel.

Honestly I donít care who wins if itís between a good race or a boring race. Yes Iím going to root Dovi and always want to see Ducati competitive in its unique way always thinking outside the box and also relying on its heritage.

If having two brothers on the track at the same time changes the dynamics enough to make for a more competitive race Iím all for it. Letís face it while Marc is crazy skilled ( and a bit of a bully) it made for a overall boring year, there were a few great races this year, but having the championship won so soon it was anticlimactic.

Alex might never be a champion like his brother but I got to believe Marc will elevate Alexís performance. Might go the other way, itís already got me anxious.
Neils400 likes this.
__________________
"What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also."
Julius Caesar
Tchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2019, 08:37 PM   #9
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 344
I couldn't agree more...boring for most of the races. If one team dominates with the motorcycle and rider then the actual race is mute. Moto 2 and 3 have proven to be more competitive. Let's hope Ducati, Yamaha, KTM, and Suzuki can field more competitive bikes so at least other Challenger's have a chance to win... Watching Rossi lead a race, or others, only to lose every time on the straightaway was just sad. If he had a competitive motorcycle perhaps he could at least get a few podiums along with others.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Tchase likes this.
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2019, 09:03 PM   #10
Senior Member

ducatis in the registry:
[848 EVO]

 
cbr6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: virginia
Posts: 824
Moto 3 is the best racing on the planet !
cbr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.