Australian GP - Page 13 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Speed > Racing

Like Tree39Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #181
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
Jaffa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 547
I cant wait until Pat get back from PI with his track surface report!
Jaffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old October 25th, 2013, 04:51 AM   #182
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
Shrek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chief Cook and Bottlewash
Posts: 5,893
is that because "apparantly" X don't know SHIT about track surfaces ???

I only ask coz i KNOW I don't know shit about track surfaces.
__________________
*****************************
Quote:
Originally Posted by X I M View Post
The reality of this situation maybe obscured by living room curtains.
*****************************
Shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 07:47 AM   #183
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
X I M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 277
One thing racers the world over do is.........study the track surface.

3 things I do at every race meet; run my hand over the surface, drag my Left boot along the ground, snap the throttle open in 1st at low speed to see if I can break traction. The last usually happens as a practice start or leaving the pits, always end this manoeuvre on the back wheel. This I do religiously without fail.

Track surface, I devote 90% of my brain to it, the other 10% operates the bike and manages the race.

Never had a race where track surface has not dominated discussion at some point. The reality of this situation maybe obscured by living room curtains.

Last edited by X I M; October 25th, 2013 at 07:51 AM.
X I M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #184
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
rubbish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by X I M View Post
One thing racers the world over do is.........study the track surface.

3 things I do at every race meet; run my hand over the surface, drag my Left boot along the ground, snap the throttle open in 1st at low speed to see if I can break traction. The last usually happens as a practice start or leaving the pits, always end this manoeuvre on the back wheel. This I do religiously without fail.

Track surface, I devote 90% of my brain to it, the other 10% operates the bike and manages the race.

Never had a race where track surface has not dominated discussion at some point. The reality of this situation maybe obscured by living room curtains.
Why the left boot? Why not the right? How many more left boots have you had to buy because of this? Is it like 2 left boots for every 1 right boot?
__________________
2009 Kawasaki ZX6R (race bike)
2013 Honda CBR500R (race bike)
2010 Ducati 1198 (parted out across North America)
2006 Honda CBR600 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki zzr600 (sold)

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a mild craving for salty foods."
rubbish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #185
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
Jaffa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by X I M View Post
Track surface, I devote 90% of my brain to it, the other 10% operates the bike and manages the race.

.

That's one of the most ridiculous statements I had read on the internet, ever!!.

I am embarrassed to own a Ducati.
Jaffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #186
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
X I M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbish View Post
Why the left boot? Why not the right? How many more left boots have you had to buy because of this? Is it like 2 left boots for every 1 right boot?
Cus my right boot suffers in a different way.
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  699.2 KB
X I M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #187
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
rubbish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by X I M View Post
Cus my right boot suffers in a different way.
Attachment 73550
...raise your foot pegs more...now lets see them elbows!
__________________
2009 Kawasaki ZX6R (race bike)
2013 Honda CBR500R (race bike)
2010 Ducati 1198 (parted out across North America)
2006 Honda CBR600 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki zzr600 (sold)

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a mild craving for salty foods."
rubbish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #188
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[749 R]
[848]

 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,501
I had the same problem, burned through toe sliders like water. I love low pegs... people say they use their knee to define lean angle, I use my toes.
tye1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 09:47 PM   #189
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
X I M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbish View Post
...raise your foot pegs more...now lets see them elbows!
Bike is lowered, that helps get it laid over faster than stock height. Pegs are high so my goofy feet tend to hang from my heals, so I scrub them pretty good.

Got my right elbow down earlier this year, followed by my shoulder and side hehe

Put a soft tyre on for qualifying, first flying lap was a BP, second lap was another BP, third lap ever on this compound and i had an understanding of the tyre, decided to drop the hammer, was holding faster mid corner speed had taken half a second through aggressive throttle on exits on the first half of the 3rd lap. Went into a right hand hairpin bout half way around with a bout a half second off my last lap. Lost the front, fell about 5 inches. Picked the bike up went and did one more at at the same pace. Was happy, dropped near 2sec in 4 laps on that Q tyre.
X I M is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.