New female rider looking at a 62 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Other Models > Scrambler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2018, 07:32 PM   #1

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 821]

New female rider looking at a 62

My wife was with me at Ducati Seattle yesterday and for the first time EVER, and I mean ever, she said ďthat is a beautiful bikeĒ 🤩. She was lookin at the scramblers.

Now Iím no stranger to bikes. 7,000 road miles per year and just a hair under 1,000 on track this year. I currently own a Ď15 821

This is my daily rider.
Two track bikes, dirt bikes, etc.

My wife finally expressed interest so damit, she is getting a scrambler. Iím sure the 62 will be appropriate for her and Iíll customize it to be a good match for her. What is the things you have found to be problems with these 400ís.

I see a lot of complaints about cold starting and quick tire ware. What else have owners found to be major issues, wants, or cautions?

I put custom bits on my bikes so if there is anything other than the standard exhaust, ECU, slider, mirrors package I should also get please let me know why.

#1 important thing is safety and comfort for her so it can be a fun learning experience. Iím looking forward to trying to get into a session of Team Oregon with her later this year to get her an endorsement and Motorcycle Safety Training.
bowermad is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old September 24th, 2018, 05:35 AM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

I picked up a Scrambler Sixty2 for an "intown" bike and now have 24,000kms on it as it turned in to a do-it-all bike for this season. I've taken it on a few several day trips. Never had an issue with cold starts but it does need to be started a warmed slightly before riding or it doesn't like to accept throttle. I changed the tires to street tires for the sake of handling and changed to clip-ons and a small 1/4 fairing. Moved the forks up in the triples to level out the bike and added a Remus Hypercone exhaust.

I also own a Ducati 848, a Triumph Daytona 675 and an Aprilia RSV4 Factory. Of all the 400's in the market right now, the Sixty 2 tops em all.
bowermad likes this.