Welcome to the 2015 Ducati Scrambler Forum on Ducati.org! - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Other Models > Scrambler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2014, 01:59 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Welcome to the 2015 Ducati Scrambler Forum on Ducati.org!

I have kept my eye on the moto blogs for a while, and the Scrambler coming back to the Ducati lineup is almost upon us. With the retro bikes in such hot demand, Ducati is testing the waters with their Scrambler. Norton is back with a cafe racer lineup of Commandos; and Triumph has been pumping out Bonnevilles, Thruxtons, and Scramblers for years; and even Harley is getting into the Retro game by releasing some color flake paint jobs last year, by naming bikes after the year that they harken to, i.e. the Forty-Eight, and the Seventy-Two.

Being the premium motorcycle builder that it is, they felt like they needed something for the entry level riders. The Scrambler might just be that moto. With an air-cooled V-twin powerplant—not a new-generation single, like some suspected—is repurposed, likely the 796cc version from the existing Monster, since this prototype was spotted riding alongside a 796 Monster, presumably for benchmark comparisons, the Scrambler will be lighter on power and from the looks of the spy shots, be lighter and more maneuverable in general.

What do you think?
NickJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads