An addendum to the ST3 issues - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Other Models > Sport Touring

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2017, 03:26 PM   #1

ducatis in the registry:
[ST 3]

An addendum to the ST3 issues

Just wondering if the throttle position sensor(TPS) might be a culprit in the previously mentioned ride ability issues on my ST3? Has anyone experienced similar symptoms with their ST3?.Thanks in advance. Howard.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old October 26th, 2019, 08:50 PM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[ST 3]

my ST3 does not like any throttle under 2000rpm and really needs over 3000 to run clean,just seems the timing and/or mixture is wrong but I am told a lot of Dukes do not like slow engine speeds,can make riding tight windy roads a pain having to use the gearbox like a two stroke when you should have 2 large pistons and a big crank to grunt out of corners

I put a Booster Plug unit on that fools the air temp unit and it improved things down to 2000 as it was almost unridable before,it seems a little better with the loud pipes on it but they are a bit anti-neighbourly so I do not use them often,great in valleys though
I would sure be interested if there is anything that can make the slow speed running better
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote