Fairing in way of shifter! - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Other Models > Supersport 939

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2017, 04:40 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Fairing in way of shifter!

Anyone else experiencing an issue with the fairing in the way of the shifter. See the attached photo... this is the base non S model. Will mention it at my first service but wanted to see if others are having an issue with it. Getting in the way on down shifts,,, Gotta love Ducati engineering!
Attached Images

Jalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old November 1st, 2017, 09:06 AM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

There's a SuperSport-only web page where more tan one person has not only noticed this but two have broken off a chunk of fairing while trying to down-shift. One has taped over that edge as a sort of protection. I haven't had a problem but I have very small feet.

You might want to read through here ---> http://www.ducatisupersport939.net/

Pjk

Last edited by Peter Krynicki; November 1st, 2017 at 09:11 AM.
Peter Krynicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2017, 11:29 AM   #3

Thanks,,, I posted the same on that site as well and have had a pretty good response. It seams to be a hit or miss. Some are having an issue like my bike where the fairing sticks out further and is interfering with downshifts. Others not so bad,,, Mine is pretty bad and getting in the way...
Jalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2017, 12:06 PM   #4

Obviously could be a warped fairing. Would have to be an extremely large size for it to be a boot problem. I checked that spot on my fairing with a straight edge and found the last several inches of it to be straight. Hard to tell from the pic, but yours appears to be curved a bit. Definitely bring it up as an issue with your dealer. Don't expect them to be able to adjust the fairing at that point because the attach point is fixed and loosening the fairing screw only allows about 1/16th inch movement at most. Another possibility is that the attach point bracket is bent, but that is doubtful.

If it were me, and the dealer could not do anything about it, I would cautiously use a heat gun and bend that area for clearance, then apply a cold rag to set it.
oldndumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2017, 09:21 AM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

I think my shift tab sticks out a little farther than yours in the photo. I'll check tonight. I wonder if you or your dealer could fit a spacer to where the shift lever attaches to bring it out farther.

Pjk
Old November 5th, 2017, 02:38 PM   #6

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

I took a look this weekend and my fairing is a good 1/2 to 3/4 inch closer to the frame.

Pjk