Just Picked up my Supersport S - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Other Models > Supersport 939

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By jiggets
  • 1 Post By Shrek
  • 1 Post By Duc96cr
  • 1 Post By pat1098
  • 1 Post By Peter Krynicki
  • 1 Post By Peter Krynicki

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2018, 10:04 AM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Just Picked up my Supersport S

I couldn't be more thrilled! It's rainy this weekend, but that didn't stop me from a early morning ride before the wet.

Also decided that the IOM78 jacket was just too perfect to pass up.

The team at Moto Forza (SoCal) were awesome to work with. They made the process easy and enjoyable; they are true enthusiasts.

So I guess I'm part of the 'family', or 'clan', or 'tribe'? What are we called??
Attached Images

Neils400 and djw17 like this.
jiggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old March 10th, 2018, 02:44 PM   #2

asylum.

nice.
Matt C likes this.
The reality of this situation maybe obscured by living room curtains.
Shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2018, 07:47 AM   #3

Very nice. Give us some feedback after you’ve broken it in.
jiggets likes this.
77 Bonneville
06 Hayabusa
78 SR500
85 Sportster
Duc96cr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2018, 05:41 PM   #4

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

A great all-round machine. Your pride is obvious in the pic!

We are called Ducatista or Ducatisti in Italy (singular or plural?), and referred to as 'La Famiglia' (the family) if you ever get to the factory or World Ducati Week. Both highly recommended.

But whatever we are called (a few other things by the envious, who often just don't understand!) welcome aboard.

jiggets likes this.
pat1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2018, 10:27 AM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Akro slip-ons are nice

jiggets likes this.
Peter Krynicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2018, 10:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc96cr View Post
Very nice. Give us some feedback after youíve broken it in.
Will do! Iíve got about 130mi on it in the last few days.
Old March 19th, 2018, 09:02 PM   #7

Just posed my review of ConStands Central Paddock Stand here, for those who may be interested for their own Supersport 939
Old April 3rd, 2018, 05:15 PM   #8

600mi RIDE REPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc96cr View Post
Very nice. Give us some feedback after you’ve broken it in.
Ok all,

I've just about rounded 600 mi on the Supersport S, and wanted to capture some thoughts for everyone.

COMFORT: As a 'race bike guy' I have always been OK sacrificing comfort for performance. With that in mind I've always experienced being on either one side or the other. Example: YFZR1 (performance, no comfort), FZ1 (comfort, no performance). With the Supersport I feel like Ducati has delivered on the holy grail. I can ride for 3 hours straight through the canyons, loving the performance and still get off without feeling like a cripple. It's clearly not a dedicated track bike and not a x-country touring bike; but for someone who wants a 3-6 hour weekend ride for pure enjoyment - it's perfect!

POWER: I'm still breaking things in, so I haven't done a lot of hard riding at sustained high revs yet - but I think the power/weight ratio on this bike is solid. On some occasions I'm searching the right gear for the optimal power band, but this feeling may also go away when I'm running the full rev range every day.

HANDELING: This is where the Supersport really shines as a performance bike! The balance of weight, suspension, torque and rider position are incredible. I am convinced that this bike makes me a better rider! Road that previously made me nervous I can now carve through with confidence and accuracy. I'm already playing with the limits of tire grip braking and coming out of corners - and it feels great!

SOUND: I get compliments on the bikes styling all the time - but truth be told, the bikes SOUNDS even better than it looks. Oh glorious barking!

NITS: Only 2 items. (1) right mirror is loose; which I will have tightened at the 600mi service (not that the mirrors are usable at speed anyway...), (2) braking power is a bit underwhelming - which I plan to address with updated front pads (EDC HH or Brembo RC).

Beyond that I'm just trying to find enough time to ride! Hope this is helpful for anyone considering a Supersport.

- Jiggets
Attached Images

Last edited by jiggets; April 4th, 2018 at 09:59 PM.
Old April 11th, 2018, 07:37 AM   #9

ducatis in the registry:
[Monster 1200]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggets View Post
I couldn't be more thrilled! It's rainy this weekend, but that didn't stop me from a early morning ride before the wet.

Also decided that the IOM78 jacket was just too perfect to pass up.

The team at Moto Forza (SoCal) were awesome to work with. They made the process easy and enjoyable; they are true enthusiasts.

So I guess I'm part of the 'family', or 'clan', or 'tribe'? What are we called??
Ducatista. It's a great bike - you'll love it!
rz33v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2018, 05:32 PM   #10
Banned

S

I own a Monster 1200 S and an R. Ive been looking at this bike, and sitting on it at the dealership. I like the comfy riding position. What you said about it being a 3-4 hour canyon machine, is exactly what I wanted to hear. I sat on the V4, as much as I love that bike, its way to uncomfortable, its for sure a pure track bike . The SuperSport has great looks as well !!! Im good with the 900 CC lump as well. I also like the quick shifter that it comes with from the factory. Once I re coop from the R purchase, I will start looking for a good deal , on maybe a 17 left over, or maybe an 18 . Thanks for the review, it helped push me over the edge on my deciding whether or not to make this my next bike.
f1nxlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2018, 09:38 AM   #11

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1nxlife View Post
I own a Monster 1200 S and an R. Ive been looking at this bike, and sitting on it at the dealership. I like the comfy riding position. What you said about it being a 3-4 hour canyon machine, is exactly what I wanted to hear. I sat on the V4, as much as I love that bike, its way to uncomfortable, its for sure a pure track bike . The SuperSport has great looks as well !!! Im good with the 900 CC lump as well. I also like the quick shifter that it comes with from the factory. Once I re coop from the R purchase, I will start looking for a good deal , on maybe a 17 left over, or maybe an 18 . Thanks for the review, it helped push me over the edge on my deciding whether or not to make this my next bike.
There have been a number of recalls for the bike and new ones seem to be on-going. If you go for one in the future you should see if you can determine what recalls have been issued for the various types and serial numbers so that you can see if the work has been done on whatever you find in the future.

Have you seen the new 2019 version in a titanium color?

Pjk
Old June 28th, 2018, 06:59 PM   #12
Banned

Thank you

Hey Peter, I had no idea about the recalls, I will be sure to inquire before buying,

I have not seen the Titanium livery, \

Im kind of leaning to the Red,in that color, It reminds me of the Panigale..lol If that makes any sense

Brett Lucca
Old June 29th, 2018, 09:32 AM   #13

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

f1nxlife likes this.
Old June 29th, 2018, 03:48 PM   #14

Looks like primer.

Then again the monster Darks were popular
The reality of this situation maybe obscured by living room curtains.
Shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2018, 11:56 PM   #15
Banned

Color

I love the white, and the red, not sure I could live with the Titanium,. Im pretty sure I will end up red, I talked to the service writer at the dealer, he said all the bikes now being delivered are fitted with the new heat shield.

Brett