Hypermotard 821, flat spot - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > General Discussion > Technical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2019, 08:22 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Hypermotard 821, flat spot

I bought my 2014 Hypermotard 821 2nd hand & came with an Arrow slip on exhaust. This bike has a frustrating habit of decelerating when winding the throttle on from idle & makes stalling at traffic lights a problem.
I had it at the dealer recently who couldn't rectify the 'flat spot' & said I may need to get an 'up map' to program the ECU for the arrow exhaust?
I have read that the fueling off idle on this model may be a common problem? anyone have experience here?
Fishertim1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old October 9th, 2019, 06:07 AM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[848 EVO]

I have a '13 Hyper sp w/arrow slip on and stock ecu mapping it runs fine no issues with stalling. It does hunt for it's idle when coming to a stop and the clutch is pulled in. I also have an exhaust servo eliminator but saw no difference in bike behavior with it other then exhaust sound not getting muffled.
cbr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:42 AM   #3

No ducatis in the registry

I see the booster plug advertised with claims that it eliminates fueling issues, hunting & stalling. Has anyone tried one of these?
Fishertim1968 is offline   Reply With Quote